Why does my tame human misbehave?

a common issue found among wild humans is the tendency to misbehave for no apparent reason. To understand this behavior, you must understand how humans live their lives on Earth.

Young humans are treated much the same by their fellow primates as we treat them. They have limited freedom and are supervised most of the time. They get to make a few choices in their lives, but nothing critical to their health and safety. At 6 years of age, they begin to be weaned off of their dependence.

Humans are told from a very young age that they will, one day, be forced to find a job, buy a home, and often times raise children of their own. Many struggle to adjust to this new independence even after a decade of slowly gaining choices, and often cling to this independence once used to it.

Because the legal age to capture a wild human is 18, most humans have become used to the independence. They despise being controlled, cared for, and not having a job. They seem to relish in the stress and depression that was their life before being taken. That is why they sometimes become aggressive when in captivity, they preferred the difficulty of  their previous lives.

Even tamed humans exhibit behaviors linked to the frustration of captivity. Tamed humans, instead of being obedient, often intentionally disobey their owners, in a passive aggressive act of revenge against being captured. Human psychologists believe this behavior is subconscious, perceived as teasing by the human. They are often lighthearted when doing this behavior, smiling or laughing.

What do I do about this?

There are several methods implemented to deal with this unwanted behavior. It is stressed to never hit, strike, whip, or beat a human who misbehaves, under any circumstances. In tame humans, this can severely weaken its bond with you, oftentimes causing permanent fear in you. In untame humans, this can ruin the individual, causing them to become fearful of any and all dog-men they come across.

Restraints are one common method, though they often lead to more frustrated humans. They perform this behavior to relive themselves of the frustration captivity causes wild humans to experience, restricting them further not only stops this release, but adds on to the frustrations.

Those who are experienced in the behavior of wild humans often recognize this behavior as healthy, and will allow it to happen. This can be difficult, as they must keep a cool head while their human intentionally disobeys them, but it often results in a happier, healthier human. The best of them have fun with it, making a game out of completing the task at hand. It is always important, however, to ensure that this behavior does not impede on your ability to care for the human.

Humans are very in tune with the mood of their dog-men. Although they may attempt to misbehave, they will frequently stop if their owner is upset or stressed, though this behavior is not observed in humans who aren't bonded with their owner and/or are not allowed to misbehave on occasion. In cases where humans are bonded with their dog-men, they will frequently stop the behavior if given a "no" command.