Chapter 2.

Scarlett's POV.

My mom does the honors of unlocking our new home, while I collect all our luggage. I step inside and take a deep breath, the house smelled old and dusty. I put our luggage neatly in a corner and explore the whole house. The house was big enough for two people, giving us enough place to dump our messes.

I get distracted when my phone rings. I run down and reach for my phone. The name Josephine pops up. Apparently, Joseph was his actual name. But since he was gay and acted girly I liked to call him Josephine. he was my best friend, the only one that cared about me.

"Hello, Josephine! Couldn't stop yourself from missing me, could you?" I laugh.

"Of course I'll miss you, you were my wing woman. Now who will hook me up with guys?" he replies, dramatically.

"Oh! So that's why you miss me, I thought you loved me!" I say in a sad tone.

"Okay enough with the sarcasm. So are you home now? How is it? Did you meet any hot guys? Come on Lett talk to me!" he said it all in one breath.

"First of all breath Jo. Yes! I am home, it's beautiful and NO! I did not meet any hot guys and please DO NOT CALL ME LETT! You know I hate that nickname." I shout.

"Fine sorry LETT I won't call you LETT cause it annoys you." He emphasis on Lett.

"Okay, I see what you did there anyways I gotta go, we need to unpack. Talk to you later?" I get up from the couch I was sleeping on.

"Fine bye." He replies with no enthusiasm in his tone.

"Joseph, I miss you," I say blandly without any emotions.

"Awww...I miss you too," he says, crying. This is the reason why I did not see him before leaving.

I put my phone on the coffee table and look for my mom. I find her talking to someone at the door, I pop my head from the side to see who she is talking too.

There is a girl with brunette hair and beautiful sharp hazel eyes standing, She is wearing a checkered shirt and black jeans. There is a cross necklace hanging perfectly. she does not have ears pierced and has a black hair tie around her wrist.

"Hey, I am Roxie Allan, your neighbor." She says, full of spirit.

"Hey." I wave.

"Welcome to Mayville, I'll be glad to accompany you to school today." She says and that's when I notice that she is also carrying a bag with her.

Great! I am not even comfortable here and I have to go to that hellhole.

"But, we haven't even unpacked yet. I think I will skip school today." I reply, as politely as I can.

"No need honey, I'll unpack our stuff, you go. Don't wanna miss the first day. I have your bag already packed." She smiles, that's a fake one.

"FINE." I search my packed bag in the mess and go stand next to Roxie. We say goodbye and leave.

We were walking to school because according to Roxie school is only fifteen minutes from here. So the first five minutes were silent and judging the way my mom talked to me to send me to school she wanted me to be friends with Roxie. Eventually, I start the conversation.

"So., we can go to grab a bite for dinner if you are okay with it, "I say, startling her.

"We can't. Not because I don't want to but because Mayville has a legend, not a good one. There is a curfew after 8:00 pm. Trust me, you don't wanna break that. Trevor Lockhart himself is afraid to break it." She explains.

"And Trevor Lockhart is a big deal because?" I question.

"Oh! He is a typical bad boy as you say. His father is the mayor and he pretty much gets what he wants." She glances at me.

"Oh, so he is THAT GUY," I say.

"Hmm-mm. Here we are...welcome to Mayville High." She points out.

The school building looked less like a building and more like a giant castle. I smile at her and look at all the students who seem to be glaring right at me like I murdered someone. I just rolled my eyes. I have some rules to survive school without getting bullied or at least to show your bullies that you are not easy.

Rule 1: Do not be afraid.

Rule 2: Laugh when they laugh.

Rule 3: Never let them know your weakness.

Rule 4: Don't give them the satisfaction of getting to you.

Rule 5: Don't break easily.

I follow them and everyone leaves me alone. Works everytime. We enter the school and I observe everyone carefully. Trying to know their weakness, their stories. Roxie leads me to the principal's room and I collect my class schedule.

We first go to Roxie's locker and then mine. I was expecting it to be empty, but instead, I found a note in it. I have not idea who put it in there and it was definitely not a pleasant one. Awesome! I still haven't even met anyone and I have a note!

I open the letter and read: "Here's a number, all your mom has to do is complete some personal wishes and she will earn as hell!"

I crumble the note and give it to Roxie aggressively. My blood is boiling in anger and my eyes are red. I see Roxie reading the note and gulping.

"WHO DID THIS?" I shout, stopping the whole hallway.

"I did!" A guy with a calm voice.

I turn to see a tall guy standing next to a girl. He has black and brown eyes. His hair is black and curly. He is standing there with a jerky smirk.

I smile and walk in front of him. We are deadly close and he is still smirking. My smile grows wider and just then...my hand meets the side of his cheek. Yes! I slapped him and that was the hardest I ever hit someone.

...

Hello Angels!

What did you think of this chapter?

Do you like Roxie?

Also there is a hint of my second book in this chapter.

I'll reveal the name in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Violette.