Chapter 4.

Scarlett's POV.

We stood there staring at each other with pure hatred. If eyes could murder people, I would have already killed him. None of us even took the effort to blink. People in the hallway were also frozen. It was like someone paused a movie.

"Why is no one in class?" we heard a voice shout.

That was when our attention shifted to someone else. The principal was standing near his office door giving everyone a furious look. All the students in the hallway scattered and started walking in the directions of their classes.

"Miss Jensen and Mr Lockhart, both of you my office now!" He scowled.

We both rolled our eyes and gave each other another death glare before walking towards his office. Principal Matthews office was medium sized. Everything was placed in order. He had two chairs neatly placed next to each other.

He closed the door behind us and went to take a seat in his own chair. He sat there and stared at me for some time as I was scanning the office.

"Plan to come here often?" He questioned.

"No. I was just admiring your office. It's very neat." I smiled and the jerk sitting next to me scoffed.

"Thank you for the compliment Miss but it won't get you out of detention." He replied sarcastically.

"Detention!" I exclaimed. "I didn't even do anything!"

The principal ignored me and looked at that jerk.

"Care to explain yourself, Mr Lockhart," he asked that asshat patiently.

"I..Uhh...Okay fine! I admit it was my mistake. She had every right to slap me." He calmly replied.

I shot my head up in his direction and looked at him, difficult to believe what he just said. I even blinked thrice because he is an A grade jerk and what he did was an act of being nice.

"She doesn't need to be in detention. Leave her and anyway it's her first day." He continued talking.

I secretly pinched myself but it hurt, so I was not dreaming. He was actually being nice. Ha! I know! He is going to take his personal revenge later. He pretending to be nice, but actually he isn't. He still hates me. Now it all made sense. Now everything digested.

"If you say so. Miss Jensen you are free to go." He smiled.

"But I don't know where the literature class it, it would be great if you gave me the directions.

"It's at the..."

"Why don't I show you?" He cut the principal and stood up.

"That's a great idea too!" Principal Matthews said.

Great! Now he will take his revenge. Prepare yourself Scarlett, DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS. I spoke to myself in my head. God! I can be weird sometimes.

We exited the principal's office and were walking in the hallway. There was no one except for the janitor who was cleaning the floors. He gave us both a polite smile as we passed him. I returned the same smile.