Remembering Dave

John's Pov-

The guy, Dave, sighed. "Rose was right. I should've listened to her. Coming here was a bad idea." I shivered. There was that chill again. "Are you cold?" He asked, looking over at me. I guessed he was looking at me. It was hard to tell with the shades stuck to his face. I nodded slightly. He pulled his hoddie off and tossed it to me. I looked up at him. He smiled again. "Go ahead. Put it on." I nodded and slid the hoodie on. It was very warm. I wrapped my arms around myself to hold in the warmth. The hoddie was twice as big as I was and it covered my whole entire body. "Thanks." I muttered. "No problem." He said, looking away from me. He stood up. "I guess I'll get going now." What? Why was he leaving so soon? He just got here. I crawled closer to him and grabbed his arm. "Please. Don't go." Dave turned around. "You want me to stay?" I let go of his arm and nodded. He smiled and sat back down. "Alright. I'll stay."

Dave laid next to me and talked. He didn't really talk about anything. He just said things here and there. I liked hearing the sound of his voice. It was really soothing. It sounded way to familiar. I really wanted to remember. "Dave?" He looked down. "Yeah?" I sighed. "Why do you seem so familiar to me? I just feel like you and I were really close. But I can't remember who you are." He sighed. "You and I have been friends for years. And we started dating a year ago." He chuckled. "After I broke you out of your whole, "I'm not a homosexual" kick." I snorted. "And how did you do that?" He smirked. "With a kiss. Pretty corny I know." I smiled. "Can you show me this kiss?" Dave pulled his shades down a little bit. "Really." I nodded. Maybe with this I could remember who Dave was. Or myself. "Alright." Dave wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his chest. He placed his lips lightly on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He pulled back after a few seconds. Wow. That was something. I looked up at him. He smiled. "What did you think?" I laughed. "It was amazing. But I still don't know who you are. Not really."

Dave's Pov-

Rose was right. After that night John hadn't been the same. He had went through so much in the past few weeks. He had to be taken to a special hospital. He wasn't able to talk for a few days. He was scared of people and didn't want anything to do with anyone. Plus he didn't eat or sleep for four days. It was heart breaking to me. And to all his friends. But Rose was right, after going through the depression and getting out of the treatment center, John lost his memory. Well not all of it. But most of it. He didn't remember any of his friends, he didn't remember his dad, he didn't remember where he grew up, he didn't remember me, but most important of all he didn't remember what happened that night. On that terrible stormy night, Jade John's twin sister went out to search for Bec, who had gotten out somehow. She was gone for longer than expected and John went to go look for her. He find her body in the middle of the road. She had been hit by a drunk driver. He had probably been siting out there with her body for a while. And when I went to go find him, I was to slow. He was hit by a car who couldn't see him while he was sitting in the road. I held his lifeless body as I called for help. He was taken to the hospital and was in a comma for at least four months and after he came out of it, everything went down hill.

I don't know what to do. I need to take baby steps with him, like Rose told me. But I really want him to remember me. I wanted him to remember all the memories we had made in the last year. I just wanted him back. I sighed and slipped my shades off. I was getting frustrated. I closed my eyes and sighed again. "Hey, Dave?" I turned my head towards him. I didn't open my eyes cause I didn't want to scare him. "Why do you wear shades?" I gulped. Should I tell him or should I show him. I don't want to scare him, but I can't lie to him. I opened my eyes and looked down at him. He gasped and I instantly knew that it was wrong choice.

John's Pov-

I gasped looking into Dave's eyes. They were a bright red, almost like the apple in snow white. Those eyes. They were Dave's eyes. Dave. My boyfriend and best friend. The person that was always there for me. "Dave!" I jumped up crawled on top of him. I placed my legs on either side of him and sat on his chest. "Its you!" I leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. He smirked. "Who else would it be?" He blinked. "Wait, you remember me?" I nodded. "Yeah, how could I forget!" Dave sat up, pushing me back slightly. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his forehead on mine. "Thank god. I thought I lost you forever."