Chapter Six

Chapter Six: The Lone Dixon

     " What you mean he just left?! " I yelled pacing back and forth, running my fingers threw my hair. I couldn't believe Daryl left again but this time with Merle and expected me to some how understand him.

           " I'm sorry Maya he really wanted to stay with Merle and they both left. " Glenn said nervously.

         " You could've just let Merle join. " Shane said irritated siding with me.

          " He's the one who kidnapped us and beat Glenn! How are we supposed to make him join us?! " Maggie growled at me. I just scoffed.

          " Their mah brothers their blood and if you guys needed him so desperately why didn't you guy try harder. " I couldn't take it. I left behind again and this time it was no different than before.

                " Just calm down Maya, we can settle this calmly. " Rick said putting his hand on my shoulder and I quickly shoved it off.

            " Just calm down?! I want you to see you calm down right after both of your brothers leave you without a goodbye, again! And expect you to understand! What do they think, that won't mind that they're gone, that everything is just kittens and sunshine?! " I was burning with rage and I couldn't face them, they were idiots.

             " Again look what, Merle, your brother, did to Glenn. " Maggie snapped.

          " Well at least he's here and not gone without a good reason and without a goodbye. " I snapped back. Maggie was mad that I kept blaming Glenn.

            " Let's not forget about you Rick, letting this shit go down with a thought about Maya. " Shane butted in making glare at Rick. Rick took a deep breath and looked at me sadly.

       " Maya I get it they left without a trace, same thing happened to me. I was alone and I finally found them. They won't forget you, they have to come back." I blinked back some tears but I was red with anger. I looked at him and everyone else who stared at me.

            " You know what, I'll just leave. I have no reason to be here I was only here fer Daryl. But now he's gone and now I'm useless. I'll fend fer mah self. " I went up the stairs and heard footsteps behind me. From the side the me eye I saw Shane. I went to my cell and grabbed my bag packing my stuff. I grabbed my extra knife and my new homemade bow along with clothes. Shane helped me grab my stuff and we both turned our heads as soon as we heard my cell door shut. Rick locked it and walked off without one word. My eyes were possibly going to fall out my head. Shane was the first to react.

          He started shaking the door rapidly.

         " What hell Rick! You can't keep us in here! You can't protect this group, it's falling apart! " Shane's voice echoed the prison. " You said you could protect your wife and your boy, ain't that right? " His eyes got darker and I knew this wasn't going to go well. Footsteps were making their way back to us and it was Rick. His eyes were glossy and he looked furious.

          " What did you say Shane? What did you say?! " Rick pulled out his gun and aimed it at Shane's head. I flinched but Shane stayed still like stone.

           " I said you were wrong, if I was leader wouldn't never died that way. I could've protected her but no. You had turn your back on me and stab me. I could've saved her. " I couldn't move I was afraid of what might happen. Shane was the father I always needed and the brother I always wanted. He was there for me since the herd in the farm. He was all I had left.