Chapter Five

Chapter Five: Bleeding Out

               " I don't think we're gonna make it. " I coughed out, my hand clutching my waist where I was shot. Shane placed me down in a little empty cabin. He sat next to me holding his arm, he was also shot.

          " We're gonna make it we just gotta make sure none of those Woodbury assholes are around. " I looked at him He was a bloody mess and I was no better. We escaped and they came after us. They hit us but didn't kill us, along with that we scraped our arms from passing thorn bushes.

            " I don't think so this place is goin' to be surrounded by walkers. "

            " We are gonna m- " He was interrupted by the cabin door swinging open. I held Shane's arm. I was scared and he knew it too. This was the end for us. Five bodies came in defiantly not walkers.

          " Hurry up and shut the door." A woman yelled. The door was slammed shut. They made they're way towards not even noticing us.

           " Hey! Are those bodies? " A younger voice whispered maybe pointing at us.

              " You gonna kill us or what? " Shane spat sitting up. I sat up and looked to see two woman and three men. Two African-American one Latin and two Caucasian.

           " Are you bit? " The first woman asked she had curly hair and looked related to the other man next to her who wore a beanie.

            " Being bit is the least if your problems." I growled getting up from the dusty floor. Pain shot up from my hip and I hissed.

           " Calm down we just need some safety we just got overrun a few weeks ago. " The beanie man said. Shane got up his arm still bleeding.

           " No problem we'll get out of your hair,let's go Maya." Shane helped me up with his good arm and I cried out in pain. Blood slowly pouring out of the gunshot wound.

           " You can't leave like that we'll help you out, maybe we'll help eachother out. " Beanie man said. I looked at Shane with pleading eyes and he groaned. We needed their help and he knew.

           " Thank you, I'm Maya and this is Shane. " I introduced ourselves and they did the same. After a while we made our way out to the forest. The sun was starting to rise and everything was starting to get blurry. Groans were all around us and soon my eyes got heavy and they shut, the dark surrounding me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

              I woke up from a scream and groaning. I was being carried by Ben and horror and was on his face I looked at what he was looking at and it was his mother, Donna, getting bit. Tyreese killed the walker and started arguing with Allen. I couldn't hear what they were saying, my ears ringing from a headache. Shane pulled out a gun and aimed for Donna's head but Allen pushed the gun away. Tyreese started to carry Donna and ran into a burned down wall. They ran into a hallway and Ben had tears streaming down his dirty face leaving clean streaks.

         " Ben it's alright, don't cry." I croaked out. His eyes snapped to mine and quickly put me down and he ran off with them. I fell clutching my side pain immediately went to my waist. When I finally got to my feet and I quickly made my way to them but stopped when I heard a scream. It was Donna again I went into the room they were and they fighting walking. I waddled over to Shane. He was looking drained and I probably didn't look any better. We were behind Allen and Sasha while they killed walkers along with Tyreese. Sasha was about to kill a walker until someone else did. Someone shot it and when the walker fell there he was, Carl.

          " Come on let's go. " Carl demanded and everyone followed.

             " I didn't even know we were in the prison. " I muttered to Shane and he chuckled.

           " Well I did. " He had a smugly smile.

  When we finally made out the tombs Carl opened the door everyone ran and I was last when I looked into his eyes he looked broken and at the same time relieved. Finally when I got into the room I threw myself on the ground I was tired but happy I was alive. Everyone probably thought I passed out or something.

           " Maya! Are you okay?! " Carl said kneeling down next to me. I smiled and threw my arms his neck pulling him to me. I missed him so much.

             " Now I am. " I laughed. When I pulled back his face was red but went back to stone when he realized there were new people. He hurried to the cellblock door. Shane and I went after him right behind him he open the door and ran in hugging the next person I saw, Hershel. He was probably confused but it didn't matter I missed even though we rarely talked. Soon the cellblock door was closed and Carl locked them out of the cellblock.

             " Aye! Hey! You can't cage us in hear! Open it, open the door now! " Sasha started to shake the door as if it was going to work.

       " Don't worry walkers won't get you and you have and water. " Carl told them calmly but she kept shaking the door.

           " Why do them two get to stick with you?! They came along with us! " Sasha pointed at Shane and I. Shane chuckled dryly.

             " We were already in this group. And why don't you calm down before we throw y'all out with the walkers. " That immediately shut her up and she stomped off with Tyreese.

            " And Hershel Maya needs some serious stitching can help the darlin' before she passes out. Then me but I care about her more. " Hershel nodded.

            " Okay let me get my stuff first. " Hershel said calmy before making his way to his cell. I looked around and saw Axel and gave him a small wave.

                  " Where is everyone? " I said rubbing my neck. Then Carol came down the stairs she smile sadly at and went to hug me, I hugged her back and pulled away after a few minutes.

            " Everyone went to help Glenn and Maggie they were kidnapped by someone and were taken to a place called Woodbury. One of the people who escaped from there saw it all and found us. Now she went with Rick, Daryl, and Oscar. " She said sadly.

          " That's all? Ain't there more people like T-dog, Lori, or Beth. " I said wondering where they all were and disappointed that Daryl left.

           " Beth is her cell with Judith and T-dog and Lori... " She said started to look sadder at the end meaning they were dead, and most likely because of walkers. The only thing is how. " There was one prisoner that Rick didn't kill and the guy turned on a alarm and opened a gate making walkers separate us all. T-dog was bit closing the gate and was eaten saving me. While Lori, she gave birth to a girl but it was c section. She didn't turn but Carl killed her when she was out. " She turned behind her and Carl was by the door.

        I couldn't believe he actually did it, I understand his mother dying and what a great loss it is but how he just looked so unaffected. He only looked more focused.

       " I got my stuff Maya let me see the wound " Hershel said patting on the bunk while he sat on stool. I nodded and sat next to him.