Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Dynamic Duo

              I snuck my way to Carl's cell he was still sleeping and so was everyone else. I made my way to his bed and was laying on the top his mother on the bottom. I shook him lightly and I saw as his eyes met mine. He smiled sleepily and sat up. He slowly came down and making sure he didn't cause and noise. When he finally made it down we rushed down the stairs in silence. I grabbed my bow and quiver full of arrows. I got my knife and stuffed it in my back pocket. Carl got a machete and a pistol with a silencer along with the other set of prison keys.

        We finally made it out the prison. We were in the forest. I looked around to see a rabbit and shot it with my arrow.

             " Nice shot. " I gave Carl a warm smile and he was going to give me a smile back until I heard a groan from behind. I turned quickly and took a step to a walker Carl aimed his gun and I immediately kicked it in the stomach the it fell back. I went to the side of it head and stomped on its skull harder, each time hearing a crunch. Until finally my foot squished created a squishing. The walker's blood all along my boot.

            " That was awesome. " Carl said and so came to see how the walker looked after it's brutal death. I walked to the rabbit and pulled out my handmade wooden arrow. I put the rabbit in my bag and I continued to walk with Carl.

        The sun started to rise and we had eight rabbits and twelve squirrels. Carl was using my bow and he got good he kill four squirrels and three rabbits. He aimed at the deer and when he let the arrow go it got the deer right in the eye.

           " That was awesome Carl! " I said excitedly as we both ran to it. I pulled the arrow out struggling a bit while Carl threw it over his shoulder. " Need help? Looks kinda heavy. "

          " Don't worry I got it, let's get back before we get in serious trouble. " I nodded and we both made our way to the prison. Soon enough the prison came into view. We rushed towards to gates and he opened the gates with his free hand. I grabbed the keys and locked the gates. We came along the dirt path way and we saw everyone looking around everywhere for us until a girl with short brown hair around her twenties spotted us. She opened the gate for us and there stood Rick, Daryl, and Shane. They looked angry at us because maybe we snuck out.

          " Didn't I tell ya not to go huntin' alone! " Daryl growled he looked so worried.

         " I didn't go alone and anyways we're here aren't we? " I raised an eyebrow.

        " Dad it was my fault and told her we can go. " Carl said lowly, lying to Rick.

              " Carl I thought you were done sneaking around. " The pregnant woman scolded.

             " I'm sorry mom. " Carl muttered and then place the dear on the ground. I placed the squirrels and rabbits right next to it.

          " Now Maya I think you need to behave yourself you can get hurt out there. " Shane said looking at me with pure concern.

       " I can take care of mah self! I killed walkers without a problem while we were huntin'." I said pushing passed Shane and went into the prison. I went into Beth and my room and climbed in to my bed. I laid there until finally I drifted off.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Next Day

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

       I woke up to the smell of cooking and I immediately went to it. It was the short haired woman and Beth.

     " Good morning Maya, Carol and I are cooking the rabbits you guys brought. " Beth continued to cook. While Carol walked towards me.

         " Hey sweetie, you okay? " Carol looked at me and then rubbed my arm gently.

             " I don't know, I know I ain't supposed to hate Daryl but I can't help it. It's just I may have trust issues with some people. " I whispered feeling all of a sudden embarrassed.

         " Maybe you should go talk to him or just hug the man. " Carol joked making us both chuckle.

           " Maybe I will. Where is he? "

       " He's outside with Glenn. " Glenn was probably the asian boy.

       I jogged outside and the stood Daryl leaning against the wall alone. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned and was surprised that it was me. He looked at me as if he was ready to take any insult I was gonna throw at him. But I didn't I just threw arms around him buried my face into his chest. He was taken back but then hugged me back. We stood there for a long time in each others arms. I've wanted that for a long time. I wanted my brothers but one was better than nothing and right now I needed Daryl.

          I pulled away and I looked up at Daryl he gave me a smile and  wiped my tears as they slid down my face.

           " I missed you bro. " I said sniffling.

             " I missed you too sis. " He ruffled my hair and walked towards Glenn.