Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Forgive and Forget

           I woke up to a little tap from the door. I opened my eyes to see Carl with two bowls of food. I sat up and looked at Carl's tired expressionless face. I went to grab the bowls and when I did Carl just walked away. Must be mad at me who wouldn't. I huffed and sat eating my bowl of food. My back was on the door and soon Shane joined me. It was quiet in the cellblock maybe because everyone was outside.

           " Where's everyone? " I asked Carl my voice still dry.

           " They're all outside except Beth, Judith, and I. " Carl said blankly. I nodded and began to eat the little kernels that filled the tiny plastic bowl.

            " Carl how 'bout you open you this door? " Shane said angrily. " If we don't want to stay then we don't want to stay. " His voice echoed through the cellblock.

           " I have to go ask--" He didn't get to finish since a loud gunshot rang outside. Everyone was still, frozen in place. Soon enough Beth and Carl ran out of the cellblock with the guns leaving us in the cell. Gunshots were firing and we couldn't do a thing.

         " They leave us here and we don't know if they're dying or not. " Shane spat pacing around the cell.

          " We shouldn't doubt them that much. For goodness sakes they could be alive. " I responded back angrily. " They're not that weak. "

        " They can be dead and we could be prisoners. " I scoffed and he furrowed his eyebrows.

         " We're already prisoners. " I replied blankly.

      After the gunshots ended I had went to sleep expecting never to wake up again and when I woke up I wished I hadn't.

          " 'Bout time you woke up. " Merle sneered. He sat on the stool next to my bunk.

        " Please god, make this a dream. " I hated Merle, I say that alot I know but still, I hated him.

           " You wish it was. " He laughed. I groaned and sat up. I looked down at his missing hand where this metal cover was on his stump.

          " What'd you want Merle?" I hissed. " You never gave one fuck about me before what changed? "

         " Nothing, just checking on you. Heard you wanted to leave this place. "

                 " Yea I did. Daryl left me and he was the only reason I wanted to stay but since you took him away from me there was no use in stayin'. "

           " Your such a bitch Maya. " Merle said blankly. I glared at him. Who did he think he was? I got up walked towards the cell door. Surprisingly it opened and I quickly went downstairs. My bow and arrows were outside the cellblock where Carol and Beth were making lunch. I walked towards my bow and put it over my shoulder. I grabbed my arrows along with it and and tried to leave quietly but I failed.

            " How did you get out? " Beth asked, starting to put down the kitchen wear that she had in her hands.

         " The right way. " I mumbled not meeting eyes with her.

             " Dang it I left her cell open. " Carl then ran into the cell block I'm guessing to lock Merle in. I walked away and went to the other door to leave but it was locked. I groaned and sat on the ground. Carl came back and barely looked at me.

             " You locked him in. " I said quietly looking at Carl and all he did was nod. " Carl can you open the door for me. "

             " Why should I so you can leave again? " Carl asked angrily his blue eyes piercing through mine.

          " I'm sorry Carl, I just didn't want stay since Daryl left but now he's here and I really want to see him. " I said lying. All I wanted was to punch Daryl straight in the face.

           " Sorry but my dad told me not to let anyone out. " He looked away and took Judith out of a little box and started rocking her back and forth in his arms.

               I groaned and threw my head back not standing the silence that has surrounded us. When I heard a little tap I shot up and looked at the door. Rick was there with keys and looked angrier than ever. Everyone else was behind him but I still couldn't see Daryl.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Short chapter I know, but luckily I updated SORRY it was sloppy