Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Damn Daryl

         They looked at us if we were crazy, I loved Daryl so much yet he always made me hate him. Shane stood there his eyes looking into Rick's.

          " So yer not gonna invite yer baby sis Daryl? Damn ya haven't changed one bit. " I said angrily. Rick looked at Daryl with confused eyes. " Oh I see, you haven't even mentioned you had a sister. "

             " Rick let them in. " Daryl said his eyes looked at me sadly.

             " Come on Rick let us in, don't worry I won't bite. " Shane pulled off a smugly smile before Rick let us in. We followed Rick and Daryl to the inside of the prison Oscar right behind us.

           As soon as we entered gasps were sounded everywhere, probably that Shane was alive. A cute boy with a cowboy hat and a pregnant women both looked at him terrified.

             " I thought I shot you? " The boy said only to make Shane laugh.

             " Well you thought wrong little man. " Shane sat down on a metal table and I sat next to him. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned. It was Daryl.

        " We need to talk, away from everyone. " He said looking around to meet eyes with a women who had short hair.

        " No Daryl, you said enough before. " I looked at him angrily.

            " Rick can ya tell everyone to go in the cell block. I need to talk to Maya. " Rick nodded and he rushed everyone into their cell block except Shane.

           " What about me Rick? Aren't I part of your group? " Shane smiled and Rick quickly got any weapons that Shane had before he put Shane into the cell block.

         I stood up and faced Daryl. His face stone cold.

              " Maya I didn't mean to leave you, I promise. Your mah sister and you know I love ya to death. " He was looked so sad but I was angrier.

                 " That's whatcha said every time you left. It was hard when Merle left, I got over it eventually but you. You were mah  brother. I hated when our dad hit you. That's why Merle left. " I said softly but anger still in me.

              " You don't get it, I still have scars from the bitch! You had it easy! " He said losing patience.

               " Yer not the only one with scars Daryl! Yea, maybe you got beat down a lot but you kept leaving either to get drunk with yer friends to forget the pain or to not to be around when it was mah turn. " I yelled back.

           " Well it seems we were all beat by him. " Daryl said lowly only making me scoff.

              " You two were only beat but I wasn't! I'm a girl for damns sake Daryl and I look so much like our mother! What do you expect?! " tears started to slide down my dirty cheeks.

        " Maya I didn't- "

     " Of course you didn't know because when you came home I was always gone, dad would be passed out in his room drunk while I was taken by his friends and touched some more! I was too young and still am to feel like trash!" I started to sob at the terrible memories.

           " Maya I'm sorry. " Daryl managed to choke out. I looked into his blue eyes and saw pain and sadness.

             " I don't need yer pity. Damn you Daryl! " I said still crying. " I don't want to be near you right now, I'm used to you being gone all the time. "

      Daryl looked at me before he stormed off banging on a metal bar for Rick to open the door. Rick came to the open the door and Daryl pushed passed him. Rick walked over to me and sat across the table from me.

             " Daryl's a good person now just give him a chance. " Rick looked at me with a sad smiled. I jut laughed.

         " You're funny person Rick. I hate him more than ever. Using the same words he always does. "

              " Okay well I need your weapons and you can have a room with Beth. " I nodded and gave him by bow and arrows, my knife, my hatchet, and throwing knives. " How old are you anyways Beth is seventeen and you look younger. "

              " I'm fourteen. " I said quietly. He smiled and walked me into the the cell block.

       " Hershel is it okay if Maya and Beth share a room? " Hershel was an old man with a snowy white beard and with a missing leg. He looked at me carefully and nodded. I went up the steps to an empty cell and I climbed the second bunk and laid down. A blond girl walked in with her stuff and smiled at me.

            " I'm Beth Greene. " She said sweetly.

             " Ya know mah name it wasn't like Daryl and I were quiet. " I muttered. She sighed and laid down.

              " I'm sorry Maya that must've been hard. " I couldn't take pity.

           " Beth don't say that. Don't pity me."  I scolded and she sighed again.

            " Ya know what, Imma go huntin'. " I hopped off the bunk and ran down the stares. To get my bow but I was stopped by someone.

           " Where do ya think yer goin'? " I looked at Daryl he looked so much different the past two years.

               " Imma go huntin'. " I glared at him.

              " Ya can't go alone. I'll come with ya." Daryl said handing me my bow. I snatched it from him. 

            " I can go alone I've been doing that a lot almost two years. Except the winter I had Shane."  Daryl looked hurt but shook his head. The cute boy with a cowboy hat came to Daryl and then looked at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

            " Hi Maya, I'm Carl. " He looked around my age.

            " Hi Carl. " I was a bit taller than him but that's probably because girls grow faster and boys take time. Like Merle at one point he was a scrawny kid but the last time I saw him he was big.

             " Daryl why don't I go with Maya? " Carl asked and I smiled. Daryl looked at the both of us before shaking his head.

          " Nuh uh I ain't lettin' any of ya go. " I looked at Daryl and shoved him my bow. I walked outside of the prison and sat on the floor outside. I heard footsteps and knew it was Daryl.

            " I go away Daryl. " I growled but I still heard the footsteps and I turned, it was Carl. " Oh um... hey Carl. " I smiled shyly.

            " Sorry that we can't go hunting. " He said giving me small smile. I patted the spot next to me and he sat down.

         " I don't mind it. " I lied. I did mind I didn't like how of a sudden Daryl changed his mind.

         " Maybe we can go hunting tomorrow? " Carl gave me a hopeful smile and an idea popped in my head.

          " Maybe we can go huntin' early in the morning before sunrise and before they're awake. " I looked at Carl and he seemed to be thinking.

          " You mean sneak out? " He whispered. I nodded. " Okay, if you really want to. " A full grin came across my face and I couldn't help but hug him. I felt him tense up and awkwardly hug back. I pulled away and looked at him and we both blushed.

        " I guess we should sleep early to get up early. " I smiled at Carl.

           " Yea I guess we should. " I said cheerfully.