Chapter 5 - Questions

Story Key

(Y/N) - Your Name

The group sat at the table outside, talking until the sun started to set. Not much information was said, as every time a question was asked, (Y/N) either avoided answering or Mabel would ask a question of her own. Dipper stayed silent most of the conversation, only speaking up to support one of Stanford's questions.

At one point, Stanford's twin had walked outside to find the two employees, but saw that they were busy, so he just left.

"Well, I think we should be heading our separate ways. Time seems to have slipped by.." Ford states, scribbling the rest of the information down into his clipboard before returning the item into his trenchcoat.

(Y/N) nods, adding, "Yeah, and I need to find a place to rest." Dipper perks up and asks, "You don't have a place to go?" (Y/N) smiles, "nope." Mabel gasps and grabs (Y/N)'s hand, before pulling her up out of her seat. "Waiiit, I have an ideaaa!" Mabel shouts as she drags (Y/N) inside the Shack. Dipper and Ford just look towards each other, before following the two girls.

"PLEAAAASE GRUNKLE STAAN!!" Mabel whines, grabbing onto Stanley's leg and refusing to let go. (Y/N) just laughs nervously and says, "Sir, don't listen to her. I'll just find somewhere else to stay." Ford walks over and picks up Mabel. "Child, listen. If Stanley wants her to stay, sure, but if he refuses, i'm sorry."

Stan just looks over towards (Y/N), who shrugs. "Well, I don't know. I don't even know her, and you want me to let her stay?" Mabel whines once again, but (Y/N) pats her head and smirks. "Its alright. I'll just find somewhere else to spend my money. See you all around, I guess." She starts to walk off before getting stopped by Stan. "If you're staying here, it'll be $50 a night." He states, coughing slightly.

(Y/N) turns back around and hands him a 50 dollar bill. "Here you go, sir." She says, before suddenly realizing what she did and blushes a bit. "Uh.." Stan pockets the cash, before turning to Mabel. "Mabel, is the storage room clean?" Mabel just smiles brightly, "I'll make it clean!" She runs off, and Dipper chases after her, leaving the three alone.