Where it is bliss

"So, why are we at the airport Gerard?"

"Isn't it obvious? It will take days to reach there by other means."

"So where is this 'there'?" Erza asked curiously.

"Somewhere where there is bliss. You will see."

As far as Erza could see, only huge mountains captured her eyes.

"This place is beautiful. Are we here for hiking?" Erza asked enthusiastically.

"The Monipuri tribe lives in this hilly area. We will be staying at the house for the head of the tribe for two days. There should be someone to escort us."

A few minutes later a tall young man came and said "Ciao. Spero tu non abbia avuto problemi a venire qui. Per favore Seguimi."
(Hello. I hope you had no troubles coming here. Please follow me.)

Gerard smiled at the young man.

"Do you know him? I don't get what he is saying." Erza asked confused.

"There is no harm smiling at him. I heard people here are very friendly.
He must be here to escort us. So let's follow him."

Erza and Gerard were standing infront of the door of a small house made of bamboo and soil. Few tribal women were standing in front with a tray consisting of different types of leaves and candle. They were whispering within themselves.

"This is a ritual they perform to welcome new people," Gerard stated.

After a while, the tribal women let them in. Gerard and Erza quietly sat on the seat cushions a woman handed a drink to them.

"Siamo lieti di averti qui. Per favore, fatevi a casa. (we are glad to have you here. Please make yourselves at home.)" The woman said and bowed.

Erza nervously smiled and looked towards Gerard.

As the women stood up, an elderly man sat infront of them.

"Ragazzo mio, è bello vederti dopo tanto tempo. Ci siamo preoccupati per te se stai facendo bene o no. Vedo che hai portato un amico insieme a te, sono contento. Anche lei è molto carina ed educata. Spero che le piaccia qui.
(My boy, it's good to see you after a long time. We're worried about you if you're doing well or not. I see you brought a friend with you, I'm happy. She is also very pretty and polite. I hope she will like it here.)" Said the old man.

"Mi dispiace di farti preoccupare. Sto andando bene. È solo che in tutti questi giorni non volevo venire qui da solo. Per favore perdonami per essere egoista.
(I am sorry to make you all worry. I am doing just fine. It's just that all these days I didn't want to come here alone. Please forgive me for being selfish).

"Sei cresciuto per essere bravo ragazzo. Oh, devi essere stanco, per favore prendi il tuo amico e riposati. Abbiamo letti preparati per te."

(You have grown up to be a fine young man.

oh, you must be tired, please take your friend and get some rest. We have beds prepared for you.) Said the old man pating Gerard's head.

"grazie, nonno. (Thank you, grandfather.)"

"So Gerard, you do understand what they say. And yet you choose to embarrass me." Erza said annoyedly.

"Don't be mad, it's just fun to see you at loss. It's a rare thing again." Gerard said with a smile as if he had done something to be proud of.