Chapter 3 - Even Closer

Marie was waiting, sitting in the lobby listening to Music; and playing Angry Birds. She then quit after 2 levels and started just sitting on the couch, texting her friends. Then, the whole Canadian Junior team came in. Marie was very, very scared - she has cuteguyaphobia (or a fear of cute guys). Ok, maybe not scared but, she didn't like it.

When they saw Marie most of them whistled. Marie looked behind her to see if there was a good looking girl behind her. She didn't classify herself as great looking. She never thought she would get the attention of a group of good looking hockey players. Many of the hockey players used the "call me sign", Marie started to blush. She tried to look away, but she couldn't. So, she just texted her other Saskatchewan friends.

Scott, saw Marie texting, and he hurried to the back of the line then pretended to read a newspaper. The reason? So that Scott could talk to Marie without anyone knowing about her. Scott walked past the couch pretending not to see her. Marie saw him, "Twice in a night I've seen you, little odd don't you think?" Marie asked him.

"Maybe, we we're meant to be together?" Scott guessed, leaning on the couch.

"Pshh, says who?" Marie blushed.

"Well I-" Scott started until he got cut off.

"Um...Scott" Mark spoke up. "You have the room key..." Mark noted, trying not to smile while saying that.

"Now, that is embarrassing." Marie told Scott.

"You were out here, too." Scott told her, looking down at her.

"Ya, but I knew they were there." Marie told him, "So I wasn't going to say anything embarrassing." Marie smiled, lying down on the couch.

Scott left Marie going into their suite. 30 minutes later, Scott came out to get something that Brendan "urgently" needed. He saw Marie in the lobby, still waiting to get keys to her room. She was humming 'Fighter by Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder'. "Marie, you're still out here? Don't you have a key?" Scott questioned, walking towards the couch.

"Yes, I do and, I lost it and there is only another one but, my friend has it. The bad part about that, I have no idea where she is." Marie told him, and then continued to text.

"Well, do you want to come our room? We're just watching Hockey." Said Scott pointing to the room door.

"What teams?" asked Marie, getting her attention after he said "hockey".

"Winnipeg vs. Buffalo," yelled Brandon from inside the room.

"Isn't that game over?" Marie asked Scott.

"We taped it, Winnipeg is one of my favourite team," smiled Scott.

"Mine too, pound it," demanded Marie to Scott holding up her fist, they both pounded.

"Brandon, you're a creeper, just to inform you," yelled Mark, who was sitting next to him.

"How am I a creeper? You're a creeper too then, Mark," retorted Brandon.

Marie got up off the couch and stood in the doorway of their room, "Don't blow up!" hollered Marie, as she smiled and leaned on the doorway sill.

"What?" Scott asked.

"In Minecraft there are creepers and they blow up," Marie told him. Scott gave Marie a confusing look.

"I am guessing you have never played the game." Marie concluded, Scott still had the same look on his face. "I'll take that as a no." Marie said.

"I'm standing right next to you; you're talking outside of the room!" Mark yelled to Brandon, who were still having an argument.

"Are they always like this?" asked Marie pointing towards them.