Chapter 5 - Happy New Years!

"Hey, I just got an idea!" Matthew told everyone.

"What is it?" Garritt asked him.

"Let's go out tonight!" suggested Matthew.

"As in like do fun things? Because-" Garritt was stating.

"Ya that would be awesome!" CJ smiled, cutting Matthew off.

"Do I have too? I have school work. And frankly, I just don't want to go." Marie admitted.

"Come on, Marie, it would be fun." CJ said trying to persuade Marie.

"Fine, but, I am not dressing up," stated Marie.

"Ok, let's go then." Garritt enthusiastically said, getting up from the couch and walking out the door.

When all of them went out of the hotel, paparazzi swarmed them - just because Marie was there, "I hate paparazzi." Marie whispered to CJ, CJ nodded in agreement. Marie was less than happy about the paparazzi taking pictures of them. Many thought that Matthew was Marie's boyfriend.

"People can be so stupid." Marie whispered to CJ.

"I know it's called having a friend." CJ replied, Marie and CJ both laughed.

Marie looked at Matthew a lot during their time out. Matthew looked at Marie a lot. Many did suspect that Marie was dating Matthew. Matthew did try to win Marie over a few times, but it has never really worked. CJ tried to leave Matthew and Marie alone. But, every time she got up to leave, Marie would grab her shoulder push her down to sit.

Garritt was still there so no one really doesn't know why Marie wanted CJ there. CJ leaned over to Marie, "I am trying to leave, you two alone."

"I don't want that, I like Scott not Matthew," whispered Marie to CJ, "Plus, if you leave me alone, I will leave you alone when you don't want to be," added Marie.

In the morning, of New Year's Eve, so December 31st: Marie was on the balcony watching the sunrise, again. She couldn't get past the fact that it was so beautiful. Tiffany pulled Marie into the room, again. "Oh, no, not again." Marie whined.

"What?" said Tiffany confused.

"The last time you pulled me in the room something bad happened to Scott and I. Remember about the when the press thought that Scott and I were dating? I wonder what it's going to be now?" Marie thought.

"Way worse than the last one." Tiffany assured her.

"Ugh! The last thing I need." Marie said.

"In latest news, last night Scott Charleson's possible girlfriend was seen with another man last night. From a source they are supposedly dating. We have not asked Scott or his possible girlfriend about this, so we are not certain." Said the reporter.

"Are you serious? They don't even know and they are putting it on the news? Great Reporters." Marie yelled at the T.V.

"Sarcasm?" asked Tiffany.

"No, it's not." Marie denied.

"Ok, I finally got one! Yes!" Said Tiffany.

"Wow." Marie said while rolling her eyes at Tiffany's stupidity.

"I saw that and it's not my fault I don't care about sarcasm, so I don't learn about sarcasm." Tiffany said to Marie.

"You don't really learn about sarcasm, you just can say sarcasm." Marie said.

"Who cares?" Tiffany said turning her attention back to the T.V.;

"Scott Charleson who plays for the London Knights in the OHL and is a prospect of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the NHL Draft. Scott has been one of the best defence men at the World Juniors so far, getting one goal and a couple of assists. Scott Charleson has not commented on this statement, yet. Nor has his 'girlfriend'. He is still scheduled to still play the hockey game tonight against the USA. From Edmonton, I'm Kate Mitchell."