Chapter 2 - The First Game

The girls missed the first 2 games since the tournament started, so they went to the next game Canada vs. Denmark on December 29. Lucky for them, they got to sit behind Canada's Bench - for the whole tournament! Scott Charleson, who got a goal in the beginning of the second period. He laid his eyes on the Regina University Student, Marie Middleton, earlier today.

"Hey Scott!" Marie yelled over the glass, Scott turned around and saw Marie, "Knuckles." She told him, holding her hand up, in the form of a fist. He got up from the bench, and got closer to Marie, and he pounded his knuckles up against hers. Marie smiled at Scott and Scott smiled at her.

"Why did you give him knuckles?" Tiffany asked Marie.

"Um...he got a goal." Marie stupidly said to Tiffany.

"But, he's D," Tiffany said in disbelief, "As in fence." Tiffany stupidly said.

"D is awesome; I think Félicité, my cousin and I would all agree with my statement." Marie argued, looking at Félicité. Félicité was looking at her, and they both laughed.

Scott leaned over to Mark Steel, one of his teammates, "She is hot!" Scott admitted, Mark then turned around and saw her.

"Ya, she sure is." Mark replied to Scott, while nodding.

"Hey, she's mine!" Scott claimed, while smiling at him; Mark nudged Scott with his elbow.

"This may sound stupid, Félicité. But, when Scott and I touched, I felt a spark." Marie whispered to Félicité.

"Its fate, you two are meant to be together." Félicité assumed, touching the top of Marie's hand.

"I don't think so," Marie stated, "It was probably just electricity." Marie remarked.

"I highly doubt that, Marie." Félicité snorted.

"Why are you so sure?" Marie asked Félicité.

"Because, the material of his clothing, it can't have electricity running through it - it's an insulator." Félicité stated.

"Darn you, clothes than can't have electricity, also known as insulators!" Marie wailed.

"What?" Lacey asked, looking over her shoulder.

"Nothing... I didn't say anything." Marie lied.

The guys came back with the beers, "Hey, did we miss anything?" Matthew asked, handing Tiffany a beer.

"Well, they scored," CJ stated.

"5 times." Félicité yelled.

"What took you so long?" Lacey asked.

"You were gone for a period, an intermission, and-" CJ told them.

"Like mostly all of the second period." Félicité added, while all the girls looked at the guys.

"That's creepy; your finishing each other sentences." Landon observed.

"Well, first we got the beers, and a girl came-" Kris recalled.

"That explains everything." Marie revealed, turning back to the ice.

"Ha ha so very funny, Marie." Liam said, sarcastically.

Marie turned back and smiled, "Ya I know, that's why I said it." Marie smiled at Liam.

After the game was over and Canada won it 10-2, Scott hurried to try and meet Marie. He quickly took off all of his equipment. He was getting puzzled looks from his teammates, "Scott, why are you hurrying? You're going to hurt yourself." Mark told Scott.