Fun Tidbits In The Book

This whole book was imagined by me, on December 29, 2011, while watching the World Juniors’. I acted the beginning out, and I wrote the rest down. Yes, I actually like walked around, I didn’t say anything out load (I said them in my head). The friends of Marie are all inspired by my friends. The best ones in the world!!

     Some events in the book actually did happen. Here are some of the events and some notes:

- Each girl name has a meaning to it

     1. Marie – My favourite Princess, Princess Marie of Denmark (which is the picture on the side)

     2. CJ – My friend’s first name and middle name has the initials, CJ (she likes CJ a lot)

     3. Lacey – Lacey Burrows from Corner Gas (I got the inspiration from watching the show when I was thinking – the episode: Meat Wave. It was the very end that I got the name idea)

     4. Tiffany – the friend that I had their loved to shop and I thought of Tiffany & Co.

     5. Félicité because of my brother’s sugar bag.

- I originally started with 4 girl characters – Marie, CJ, Lacey, and Tiffany but I added Félicité in when I was just about done this book. So I mostly had to add Félicité into everything.

- Félicité is the same name as my brother, Ethan’s pack of sugar that he had to have for health (I said that the name was stupid – I like it…now)

- All the names of the guys (minus the hockey players) are all based on guys I liked (or still like) – I hope none of them see this *look around the room*.

- All the outfit inspirations I made on Mall World on Facebook

- In the Chapter, Alberta Bound – when Marie yells, “On wards!” I love saying that.

- Now that I think of it, the Chapter, Alberta Bound was a really catchy song by Paul Brandt that I was listening to while making the book.

- When Marie eat Bread and Butter for breakfast in the first chapter – that’s what I ate for breakfast, until I switched to Nutella.

- I always want to hide every time a group of cute guys comes past me.

- I have cuteguyaphobia (a fake phobia) I just get scared of cute guys being around me, even though I act normal, I can tell I start blushing.

- The Hockey player, Scott Charleson is based on the hot and hunky hockey player, Scott Harrington!

- In the Chapter Even Closer, when Marie says that the Winnipeg Jets are her favourite NHL Team. The Vancouver Canucks were my first favourite NHL Team (and they were originally in that spot, until I changed it), the Jets are my favourite now.

- I play Minecraft... It’s awesome!!

- In the third chapter, Even Closer; when Marie is listening to music, the bands I had were Coldplay and Pendulum (2 bands I love)

- I love the songs Summer Paradise by Simple Plan (I was listening to it a lot when I was making this book), All Time Low by the Wanted (This song too).

- When Marie said she grew up in a town in Saskatchewan, it’s true, I did.

- Marie’s last name Middleton came from Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (or Kate Middleton if you like).

- I LOVE White Roses!!

- I made up, “Go hug a cactus!” Used in the Chapter, ‘Happy New Years!’

- I love, love, love the book Anne of Green Gables – Lucy Maud Montgomery is a genius!!!

- In the Chapter, ‘That Kiss’ I usually do wake up at 7:00 am.

- I couldn’t think of a chapter name (called Sadness) I started with that and I thought that it was stupid and I wanted to change it but I never did.

- Marie's Birthday is January 4th, same as mine :)

- When Marie suddenly says, "My favourite elevator is at the University of Saskatoon." In 'Marie's Birthday' it's one of my favourite elevators.

- Going to hunter safety and playing the colour game with my friend (who is CJ).

- Marie’s middle name, Anne is from my favourite book, Anne of Green Gables (I added the e because it’s so much more romantic)

- I love Ice Caps from Tim Horton’s!! And Vanilla Dip Donuts!! And Frozen Lemonades!!

- I love getting luggage at the Airport.

- When Scott said M&M in the Chapter, Good-bye. I thought of my friend, Shea. While in Grade 5 in French we had to do a fashion show, and he said that he will be, “M&M good eats!” I still laugh at that because it was hilarious.