Chapter One

"Can you lock the new guy up for me, my wife is throwing a dinner party and she'll kill me if I'm late.". Nikki looked up from her book. It was her fellow coworker. She smiled and nodded. Her coworker smiled and threw her the keys. "Thanks a bunch, I owe you one!", he said. Nikki  caught the keys and said "No problem!". She stood up as her coworker walked out the door. She dusted off her uniform.
Nikki had been a cop for a month. Well not really, she was still in training. And all she did was sit behind a desk and answer the phone. She didn't get any action, and it was killing her. But she thought if she was patient then it will come. She was only nineteen after all. He looked at herself in the mirror hanging on the wall. She was wearing a dark blue bulletproof vest that covered her chest, a sky blue button up shirt, elastic blue jeans, and black boots. Her hair was in a ponytail. She sighed, still waiting to earn her badge.
She spun the keys on her finger and strolled down the hall. She stopped in front of a door and opened it. Inside was a huge court, full of judges, lawyers and people. They were all staring at a man sitting in the questioning chair. Nikki stared at him too. His hands were behind his back, handcuffed. He wore a orange shirt with a black number imprinted on it, a white long sleeved shirt under it, and orange pants. But what really caught Nikki off guard was his face. He had black fluffy hair in a man bun, sea green dead looking eyes, a pointed nose that had probably been broken multiple times, a huge frown, and a small whiskers on his unshaved chin. Nikki felt herself blush, then quickly threw that feeling away.
The man was struggling to uncuff himself. Nikki quickly speed walked towards him and grabbed his wrists. "Let me go.", the man ordered. "Sir, please calm down.", Nikki's said as she led him out of the court. He was silent. Nikki felt uncomfortable. She looked down and saw a tattoo on his arm that read "MAX" in bad handwriting. Nikki looked back at the man. "So, Max, when did you get that tattoo.". Max sighed. "Four years ago, soon as I found the only guy who would tattoo a sixteen year old.". Nikki did the math and came to the conclusion that Max was twenty years old.
They walked down the hallway and up the stairs. Max looked back at Nikki and smiled. "So Princess, what's your name?", he asked. Nikki blushed, "First of all, it's Nikki. Second, don't ever call me princess again.". Max laughed. "Whatever you say Princess.". Nikki sighed. They finally reached a open cell. Nikki unlocked it and threw Max inside. She locked it behind him. Max turned and grabbed the bars. "Come on, Princess, let me out!", he said with a grin. Nikki clenched her fists. "Are you gonna call me Princess in every sentence you say!? I'm not letting you out!", she yelled. Max sighed. Nikki stomped away. "COME AND VISIT ME PRINCESS!!!", he yelled. Nikki huffed. "STOP CALLING ME THAT!", she yelled back. She stomped faster as prisoners in cells laughed at her. She broke into a sprint as she ran down the stairs. She threw the keys on the desk and ran out the door.
Nikki ran to her car and jumped in. She drove off in a fury. After a couple minutes, she calmed down. She looked at the night sky, lit by the stars and streetlights. She sighed. All she could think about was Max. She shook her head, but he still clouded her brain. She grunted and slammed her head on the steering wheel, causing it to honk. She looked back up and continued driving. Nikki made a decision, she would visit Max tomorrow, just to tell him off. She smiled, yeah, nothing wrong with scolding a prisoner, right?