Chapter Ten(END)

Nikki had no idea what to think. She ran to the window and swung it open. Max jumped inside. "Max what are you doing here? How did you find me? How did you escape? Why are you...". Nikki's voice faded out as Max looked down. "Listen to me, please.". Nikki didn't say anything. Max sighed. "I'm sorry. Im stupid and selfish and a jerk and a douche and I deserve to die a painful death. I affected a innocent, sweet, extraordinary girl's life in a negative way and I'm so sorry. You don't have to forgive me, I understand you're mad and I don't deserve to be forgiven. But I swear I'm gonna fix this. Im gonna do everything humanly possible to make sure your life goes back to the way it was before I ruined it. I'll spend the rest of my life in that cell, I'll be tortured, I'll kill myself. I'll do anything as long as you're happy. Please let me fix this, please.".
Nikki stared at him. "Max, don't go back in that cell, don't get tortured, and don't kill yourself. You don't need to do those things. Sure you made a mistake, everybody does. You made me feel betrayed and hurt, but trust me it's not the first time. But I understand, you're a great person who never got a chance to be good. You've went through the hardest situations I've ever heard of, you went through the worst abuse, but you're still standing here, apologizing to a girl you met a few days ago. I lashed out, and I'm sorry for that. You don't deserve to die, or go back to prison. You deserve happiness. You gave me someone to talk to, someone who would listen, someone who made me feel loved. Why would I want that person to die?". Max stared at her, then started to cry. "Princess, I'm the one who did this to you, why are you still wanting me to be happy? I'm the villain, I'm the bad guy, but you still want me to be happy.". He laughed. "You really are the nicest girl on earth.". Nikki blushed.
Max laughed again. Nikki cleared her throat and took a deep breath. "Wise men say only fools rush in.", she sang. Max stared at her. "But I can't help falling in love with you.", she continued. Max smiled. "Shall I stay? Would it be a sin?", he sang. Nikki smiled. "If I can't help falling in love with you?", they sang together. "Like a river flows surely to the sea. Darling so it goes. Somethings, are meant to be.", Nikki sang as loud as she could. Max smiled. Nikki continued, "Take my hand.". "Take my whole life too.", Max interrupted as he grabbed her hands. Nikki blushed. "For I cant help falling in love with you.", they sang with a third voice and a ukelele playing. Nikki looked behind her. Neil was sitting on the window seal, struming the cords of a ukelele he found on the street. He smiled. Nikki smiled back.
Naomi cracked open he bathroom door and peeked her head in. She gasped. Nikki smiled at her. Naomi looked very confused, but just smiled and kept quiet. Nikki turned back to Max. "Cause I cant help falling in love with you.", she sang. Max smiled. Neil stopped playing. Everyone was silent. "Can I kiss you?", Max asked. Nikki blushed and nodded. Max smiled. Nikki closed her eyes and felt Max kiss her. Naomi and Neil clapped, but it was all muffled to Nikki. She stopped thinking about her job, her past, her future, her problems. About how she could get away with having a relationship with a prisoner. How the rest of her life will be affected by this desicion. About the world around her. All she did was stand there and let Max kiss her. Max pulled away. She opened her eyes. He was still smiling. She smiled back. "I love you.", she said. Max blushed, caught of guard. But he sighed. "I love you more, Princess.".