Chapter 11

I am safe.
I am fine.
I am alive.
...
For now.

For a long time i have worried about protecting my son and when i got ill, people tried to take advantage of me.

My son is injured when he tries to defend me and he's so fragile. He's nearly died on several occasions.

I know Shizuo is here now but... Can he really defend my son if it means leaving me behind?

....

For now, i have to trust him.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

It had finally been a week so me and Shizuo were planning to go back to work.
Finally getting that money.
...
To be honest i don't need it after moms 'generous' donation...

But i would be bored alone and that is the last thing i want.

When we got to the restaurant however, i tried to kill someone only to learn they now worked here.

"Levi you bastard!" "Hello darling

"Levi you bastard!"
"Hello darling. Im here to steal you aw-"

He went flying into the wall after Shizuo punched him in the face.

"That's a punch? Even (y/n) son can punch me harder."
"Bastard! I'll kill you."

I hid when i saw the manager.

"WHAT THE HELL! I JUST REPAIRED THIS PLACE! AND LEVI, IF YOU CAUSE ME OTHER EMPLOYEES TO GET ANGRY, YOU WILL BE FIRED! THIS IS COMING OUT YOUR PAY CHECKS!"

He slammed the door and was in the staff room.
Never thought, id see an old man yell. Maybe have a little mumble but not a full on yelling speech.
For someone his age, call me impressed.

Me and Shizuo spent the time on bar and Levi was on clean up. Whenever he asked to swap, we refused.

I wanted his life to be hell, he is not entering my life unless its on his death bed and I'm saying rot in hell to his face.

Although i seem harsh, he completely deserves it. He cheated on me, he did things i didn't like... He abused me and told me i wasn't allowed to talk to other boys. He was just like my parents. Abusive and controlling.

He was...
Toxic.

Now I'm happy, he suddenly appears. I know this is all Izaya's plan.
But, why?

"Wanna have lunch darling?"
"Lay the fuck off. She's mine maggot."
"Maggot!?"
"Small and ugly."
"Levi. Just leave me alone and get over this shit. Even if we break up, i will never get back with you. ever! I don't want you. Shizuo makes me happy and he does things that make me happy. He says the right things, does the right things, and knows what i need and when i need it. Levi, you will never be that person. So just stop."
But i guess i was stupid to think he would.
Instead he saw it as an opportunity to win my heart and steal me from Shi.

Why is he interested in me after about 10years?????

" Wanna go out for a bit? Get a drink and lit a cigarette? "
" Anything to have alone time and a fucking breath from him."

We went outside and both had our cigarette lit.
"You love me right?"
"Stupid question. Of course i do. You better not fall for that Maggot."
"Trust me, im not planning on it."
"Why is he here. How did he know you were here, and why now?"
"Izaya. They have met with each other a few times and I think they are planning something. Most likely knowing izaya, hes toying with us."

He just nodded.
We finished smoking and went to working.
I just want to go on a date where no ones following us, or fears us. I want a normal date and sometimes, I wish i didn't have this strength. It makes everyone afraid.
Why am i not nor-

" (y/n) are you alright?!!? You have ignored everyone talking and been zoned out for nearly 10minuets..."
"Ye I'm fine. I was just thinking... About stuff."
"That is not reassuring. Maybe you should rest."
"I said i was fine!"

I lashed out. It wasn't intentional. I felt bad but i knew he was right. I'm not fine. For some reason, i didn't want to face the truth.

I shoved my bartender apron into his chest and stormed out. When i was out, i ran. As fast as i could till i was alone in a street no one ever uses.

I felt like crying, but no tears came.
I wanted to scream, but no noise was made.

Why am i suddenly feeling like this?

Has that dream really messed with me this much?