7 | TRIPLE DATE

CHAPTER SEVEN — TRIPLE DATE

        "You're going on a double date? With Jackson and Lydia? There is no way you're getting out of that one, sorry babe

"You're going on a double date? With Jackson and Lydia? There is no way you're getting out of that one, sorry babe."

Allison, the poor girl, had been roped into the most unfortunate social outing that Nala could think of: anywhere romantic with Jackson and Lydia.

"Please, you can bring anyone you want, just come! I promise we'll have fun!" Allison grabbed Nala's shoulders, looking her dead in the eyes, "I can't do this with just them."

"Stop being so overdramatic," Nala sighed, "It'll be fine."

That was a blatant lie. Allison knew it, Nala knew it, but there was no way that Nala was going on that date.

Never in a million years.

"You know, I was really surprised that you asked me to come. I mean, aren't there a dozen lacrosse players that you would rather take than me? Not that I'm complaining, I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that you actually kno-"

Stiles' babbling was cut off by Nala placing a hand over the hyperactive boys' mouth, the girl giving him a short glare. Damn Allison's puppy dog eyes.

"All those guys are assholes, I'm not looking for another Jackson. besides, you're on the team, aren't you?" Nala looked up at Stiles, watching the boy stutter, choking on his own words as he realised that the Nala Reynolds knew that about him.

"So, how good are you at bowling?"

As it turns out, Stiles was an awful bowler. Several gutter balls and chuckles from Jackson later, and Nala was ready to put the boy in his place.

Nala stood up, holding the bowling ball in her right hand. She lined the shot up perfectly, swinging her arm backwards, and releasing it towards the bowling pins.

Both Nala and Stiles let out a cheer, high fiving each other as the word Strike showed on the monitor above their heads.

Scott smiled at his best friend, glad that Nala was finally showing interest towards Stiles after years of pining, but his smile fell once he saw a flicker in Nala's eyes. He tried brushing it off, making himself believe that it was just a figment of his imagination, but he couldn't get it out of his head.

He swore he saw Nala's eyes turn completely black.

Nala was genuinely enjoying herself, which is something that she never expected to say whilst in the company of Jackson Whittemore, but there's a first time for everything.

So getting a text from Derek was definitely not what she wanted, just as Stiles stepped up to take his turn.

She felt inclined to ignore the notification, and continue on with her night, but when she glanced down to see Derek's name on her screen, she knew she had to look at it. Derek never texts, unless it's extremely important, and the words on Nala's screen made her stomach churn, as she excused herself.

Argent knows.

✓edited
a/n: sorry this chapter is so short nd choppy i'm jus trying to get to more of nala's ~secrets~