15 | SCHOOL SUCKS

CHAPTER FIFTEEN — SCHOOL SUCKS

        BEING TRAPPED INSIDE THE SCHOOL WITH A DEAD BEST FRIEND AND AN ANGRY ALPHA AFTER HER WAS NOT HOW NALA PLANNED HER NIGHT

Nala was especially unhappy with the fact that Scott and Stiles had just claimed that the thing that was chasing them around the school was Derek.

        Yanking both Scott and Stiles to the side, leaving Allison, Lydia, and Jackson to exchange scared glances witch each other, Nala whisper yelled, "Are you two kidding me? Derek? You're both so dead if we make it out of here."

        "I mean, it doesn't really matter if he's dead." Stiles shrugged, which earned him a harsh shove to the chest.

        "We don't know if he's dead or not, genius, and even if he is, I will not have you slandering his name again." Nala spat, a harsh glare on her face as she gritted her teeth, walking over to her other friends.

        "Nala." Allison's voice brought Nala back as she began to zone out, "Nala, do you know what's going on? Because I feel like you three aren't telling us something."

        Nala glanced at Scott and Stiles, turning back to Allison, "It's just, I'm not quite sure that that thing is Derek. I mean, we haven't even seen it up close." She whispered, making sure that Scott and Stiles were too busy wrapped up in their own hushed conversation to her her.

        "Wait, so why are they saying it's him, then?" Jackson butted in, making Nala shrug.

        "I don't know, I guess they've always thought Derek was creepy or something, now they just need someone to implicate. Stiles doesn't like not knowing things." Nala met Jackson's eyes, fear visible in them.

        Scott's voice pulled the four out of their little circle, "I'm going out there."

        "What?" Allison borderline screeched, stalking up to Scott, "No, you're not."

        Nala sidled up to Stiles, "Why is he going out?" She asked, avoiding eye contact.

        "He needs to get the keys off the Janitor's body so we can get the hell out of here." Stiled told her, making Nala step forward.

        "I'll go."

        Nala's voice was met with protests from every person in the room.

        "What? No, you can't go out there, I won't let you." Stiles grabbed her arm, turning her around to face him.

        "Look, I can deal with the Alpha. Scott's not controlled enough yet, if he needs to fight it, he won't be able to control himself." Nala whispered.

        "No, I'm doing it, Nala." Scott wad adamant that he go out and face the Alpha in order to save his friends.

        "Fine. But you need a weapon, or something." Nala's eyes bore into Scott's, the boy nodding at her.