8 | REVELATIONS

CHAPTER EIGHT — REVELATIONS

        OF COURSE NALA'S NIGHT HAD TO BE RUINED BY THE ARGENTS

According to Derek, Christopher Argent somehow knew that Nala was involved in the supernatural world.

The hunters had approached Derek at the gas station, Christopher letting Derek know that he knew Nala was the only family he had left, letting the werewolf know that it would be such a shame if the hunters had to go after her next.

This didn't phase Nala at all. She knew the hunters had no experience with her kind, they didn't know her weaknesses, her strengths, even how to kill her if they tried.

It was Scott she was worried about. If they knew about Nala, it wouldn't be long until they found out about the new beta. Nala was highly protective of her friends, it was in her nature, she felt the need to keep them safe, even if they had only been friends a matter of weeks.

She felt bad leaving Stiles alone at the bowling alley, but she had to go find out what else Argent had told Derek, and besides, she knew that Stiles would be fine with Scott.

It wasn't until Scott showed up at the Hale house that Nala panicked. What if he picked up her scent? What if he told Stiles? Allison? Hell, even Lydia or Jackson?

"Derek! I know you're in there!" Scott shouted from outside, prompting Derek to answer the door, Nala staying behind in the shadows.

Nala held her breath, trying to keep as silent as possible, but unfortunately, she had run out of luck. Nala took a step backwards, trying to stay in the shadows, but the floorboards had other plans, making a loud creak as she put her foot down, wincing at the sound.

"Is there someone else here?" Scott asked, turning his head in the general direction of Nala's hidden form.

Derek panicked, knowing how much her secret meant to Nala, and he grabbed Scott by his shirt, throwing him across the room.

Knowing that she couldn't sit around and let either Scott or Derek get hurt, Nala weighed her options. She knew that if she revealed herself to Scott, it could end up being a huge problem for her. But she also knew that she would have to do it eventually.

"Derek, stop!" Nala yelled, stepping out of the shadows.

But he didn't, he just kept hitting Scott, who was curled up on the ground, trying his hardest to fight back.

"Derek!" She yelled once more, but to no avail. There was only one thing she could do.

She grabbed Derek from behind, turning him round, before throwing him across the room, into the wall.

"What the hell, Nala?" Derek asked, getting up and brushing himself off.

"Nala? You- I- How did you do that?" Scott asked, his eyes widening in awe at how a 5 foot, 16 year old girl just threw a fully grown man across the room.

"Hi Scott." She chuckled nervously, avoiding eye contact with him at all costs.

✓edited