~1

"Don't forget your toast!"

I quickly zip up my suitcase and lift it off my bed, making a loud bang when it hits the floor.

"Don't ignore me Felix!"

"Coming!" I yell as I drag my suitcase along my rug. Eventually it got stuck, so in attempt to free it, I pull even more. It got even more tangled, so I had to get down on my knees and carefully pull it out from the wheels.

When I make it downstairs I see my father in the kitchen, with some toast on a fancy plate. My father is leaning against the counter with a tea-towel on his shoulder. It wasn't the breakfast I was hoping for, but I know dad has been trying to cook ever since mum left.

"I know it's not much but-"

"It's perfect, thanks" I smile at him.

I grabbed the toast with my free hand and make my way to the lounge room and place my luggage on the floor. Both Sammy and Alicia are already packed and playing the PS.

Usually I would yell at them to get off, and to go outside. But they're going to have no technology for two months, so I let them play.

"Alright guys, let's get out of here" my dad says, frantically checking the kitchen to make sure everything's perfect.

"Do I have to go?" Alicia groans.

"Yes you do, now get your bag and lets go" instructs my dad.
"But I'm old enough to take care of myself!"
"You're 11, Ally, you can't even take care of your pet goldfish" I say, playfully flicking her hat off her head.
"Not my fault he messes up his tank so much" she mumbles, grabbing her bag, and heads to the car.

"Come ooon Felix! Let's gooo!"

I look down and Sammy's pulling me by the arm towards the car.

"Okay, okay" I grab my suitcase and eat the last bite of my toast and head for the door.

Sammy jumps in the back seat with Alicia and starts enthusiastically talking about the camp. Alicia just stares ahead with a foul look on her face. I laugh and turn around to make sure my dad's ready.

He feels his pocket for his keys and looks at me worriedly. I lift my hand with the keys inside. My dad quickly grabs them and steps outside. I follow close behind, making sure to take a quick peep inside the house before shutting the door.