4

There is an easy solution. I run. I look at the two packs adjacent to me, next to each other but still on their own land.

I shrug, stand, pick up my back pack, turn and run. I run like a human at first but as soon as I'm in the thick cover of the forest, I bring out my vampire side and spring with inhuman speed.

Far up ahead I see a person shift into a wolve so I turn to my left only to smell another wolf so I turn again. I turn east and once a again I sniff out a wolf ahead coming in my direction. Every direction I turn there is a wolf.

Wait. They are surrounding me. I look for a spot to slip through as the circle they are creating is still big but closing in. I try but every time I take a route a wolf fills the spot so run to where I think the middle is located. I stop and look around. My vampire rader reads 25 medium sized objects coming my way about 16km away.

I have about 8 minutes before they arrive to make a decision.

I could either one- bring out my vampire side, they smell me, throw me in the dungeons to be tortured for my immortal life orrrr two- bring out my werewolf side , they smell me, find out I'm a rouge, throw me in the dungeons to rot away and die.

Sad thing is, I can't die.

Their less then a kilometer away which mean 3 minutes at the most.

I know what needs to be done.

The wolves arrive just then, snarling and angry.

I can smell they are all from the two packs across the river.

Two guys walk out from the thick forest in shorts. No one else shifts.

This just gets better.

I'm surrounded by 29 wolves, in a clearing of about 1 meter while 2 half naked guys stare me down while snarling.

Life really is great!

"Looky what we found here?" The guy with black, collarbone length hair speaks first.

"It smells disgusting." The other guy with a brown man bun speaks now.

"If that's how you speak to ladies you aren't getting laid any time soon."

Man bun growls at me.

"Apprehend her. We'll sort her out."

"Don't worry, we got it." Long hair says.

Hmm. They are from seprat packs. It looks like they don't like each other. Like they only worked together to fight a common enemy.

Wait, is that me? The enemy?

"So you don't mind dealing with the council because my Alpha certainly doesn't and we both know this issue." He glances at me "will cost you resources you need." Long hair addresses man bun.

Man bun grumbles, glares at me then back at long hair.

"Fine but we want credit for the capture." Man bun starts and long hair nods.

They finally look back at me to find me now sitting on the floor which got me a chorus of growls. Wow. These people will need throate sweets after this.

"We good? Because I'm bored."

"Wait till Alpha sees our new addition to the collection. A vampire."