10

Dervilla POV...

The next day I felt great. Better then ever actually. I 'woke' up, did some jumping jacks to burn of some steam. Recited the Constitution of human Rights and... oh. That's it.

I sit cross legged on the floor.

I'm soooooo bored I could die which must be really bored considering I'm immortal.

I hear something. My heart rate increase, palms sweaty, knees heavy... the song is still legendary.

The heavy door opens with a screech of the hinges. I look up at the man I smelt a mile away.

"Got a minute?"

"Actually I was about to go study the corner of the room but I'll give you a minute." I reply while I stand. He closes the door as he steps in and I really get a look at him.

"You look awful." I comment as I sit on the hard bed.

"I thought you were my mate"

"Oh, so I'm your mate when you want me to be " he shakes his head and looks away.

I tap the seat beside me.

"I'm not you dog"

"Just sit down." He sighs but complies with less then half a meter between us. The bed is so hard it doesn't even dip when he sits. He looks into the distance.

"So, tell me about it"

"Tell you about what?"

"The problem"

"I don't want to talk about it"

"O-kay fine." I look around. "Tell me about you. Like  hobbies or something."

"I don't feel like it."

"Here I thought I was helping by distracting you" he's definitely distracting me. His smell, his looks, they seem to be more intense this close. More intense since I fed from him. He's quite for a full minute.

"I often like hiking and climbing. It's calming. I also hang out with my parents when I can"

"Oh, they around?"

"My mom usually is while my dad still travels from pack to pack but is back on weekends"

"Hmmm"

"How about you? Parents? Hobbies?"

"Parents? No. Long gone. Hobbies? I like going to aquariums around the world. Something about watching fish fly through the water intrigues me. I absolutely love the way they seem free and majestic" By now he's looking at me. Silver/green eyes stare me down.

"What's your favourite food?"

"Shrimp." He smiles. Genuinely.

"I thought you loved sea animals?"

"I do! But they also taste good." I smile back and for maybe an hour, we go back and forth asking each other random questions even laughing at times.

"So why did you come here."

"I was mindlessly thinking and walking and somehow I found myself here, with you."

I'm stuck in a trance as I look at him, and him at me.
His hand reaches out and softly touches my cheek.  It wasn't sparks, it wasn't fireworks. It was something like nothing else.

It's more intense then when I fed from him the previous day.

We both lean in but out of no where, he stands and before I know it, he's bolted out the door.

One step forward, two steps back.