8

What do I do? what can I do?

I pace the the small room.

It's just one guy, what's the big deal? Why am I so antsy?

I hear his foot falls aproching.

Okay. Just stand tall and fearless and definitely don't blow my cover.

I look at the door waiting for him to arrive but as soon as he does, my instincts go haywire. I stand still but my eye twitches trying to find a threat.

The Alpha stands before me in all his glory.

"So. We meet again." I state trying to size him up. Not physically because he is damn hot and irresistible and i know it, but mentally. He doesn't seem angry but rather confused or irritated.

I've always been good at reading people. Wait, why is he confused?

"Can we not do this again?"

"Do what?"

"Can we Never meet again" it was more of a statement then a question.

"Umm..sure?" I shrug not know where to go from here.

"Does that mean I'm free to go?"

"I wish, then I'd never have to see your face again." Ouch "but the other pack told the council that I keep a vampire in my cellers."

"So?" He looks beyond irritated at this point.

"So it means if I let you go, the council could charge me with Code 619." He grits through his teeth.

"Which is?"

"Freeing a vampire on werewolf grounds without permission of the council. Gosh, do you know anything!"

"Actually I know a lot." I cross my arms and smile.

"Yah, Sure. Just go back into your cell." I leans on the wall behind him still looking angry but casual. I let my instincts take over a bit.

"I know that you are confused." He rolls his eyes. "You keep many a deep secrets but this one affects the people around you. The people who you love."  He seems focused on me now. "Your brain tells you one thing but your heart tells you another.

He growls. I smile.

"So what are you hiding Alpha? What's this big secret that nobody knows?" I take a step forward and so does he. "Come on. Let it out. I'm all ears." We're face to face with a little less then an arm away between us.

"What's wrong. Spit it out." His hand wraps around my throat but I'm not alarmed about dying but more on why his hand is barley squeezing the life out of me.

"Oh look. You can't even kill me. Why!? Why are you so indecisive!? What's holding you back!?"

"Because you're my mate!" I get thrown a few feet back but land perfectly on my feet.

"Haha. Very funny." I comment with sarcasm.

"Does it look like I joke." He doesn't. I furrow my brows.

"No that can't happen. Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. New from the day that I met you." 

I stand there shocked.  I turn away from him and for a split second I balance out my Vamp and Lycan and just like that, I feel it. The pull to the man behind me. I turn back to him.

"Well shït"