07

Chapter Seven: Dinner

~Delilah's pov~

Pulling up into the drive I turn off the truck and pull out my key putting them in my coat pocket. After I plug my phone into the car charger I grab the container that was previously sitting safely in the passenger seat to make sure none of the cupcakes were ruined.

Walking up the stone walk to the front door I ring the doorbell and step back from the door a few paces. Hearing it ring, faintly, inside of the house I look up from my dirty converse and smile. "Come in. Come in. It's as cold as Antarctica out there", Emily opens the door wider so that we both fit in the doorway. Walking into the warm house I smile at her when she starts fluttering around me, "you can hang your coat right here and take off your shoes and put them anywhere near the door".

"I'm early but I'm hoping you will let me help where I can. I also brought something for you guys", following her into the kitchen I see a mixing bowl sitting on the counter that is currently spread with ingredients. "Well if you want you can make the filling while I start the noodles", seeing my nod she hands me an apron while taking the container from my hands.

"What are we making?", I mumble while looking through the directions in the recipe book that was sitting open next to the bowl. Yummmm. This looks insanely good, "okay. Let's do this", I rub my hands together before getting started.

¤¤¤

Singing along with the song that's playing on the t.v., I see Colby walk into the kitchen smiling. Hearing the doorbell go off I look over at Emily to see her drying her hands to go see who is outside. "May I have this dance, Miss?", I look to Colby just to burst out laughing at his posh voice and over-exaggerated position. Nodding my head, I wipe off my hands and bow into a curtsey waving my hands out towards my sides.

"Yes you may sir", I mimic his posh voice making mine go slightly higher.

Feeling him pull on my arm I fall into his chest before straighting up with a loud clear of Colby's throat. Clasping both of our hands together we slowly start to glide to the soft music flowing around us. Colby spins us around the kitchen expertly, both of us laughing gleefully. Moving towards a more open space in the kitchen he spins me outwards, away from him, then gracefully pulling me back into his warm chest wrapping his arm around my waist keeping my back pressed against him. Moving calmly to the ending of the piece he spins me slowly once more to face him resulting in our faces being only an inch away from each other.

A few seconds of us just standing in that position pass, the only thing auditable in the silent kitchen being our heavy breathing and the beginning of a different song. Suddenly the kitchen erupts in powerful applause startling us both from the extreme change in sound. Looking over towards the area where the sound came from together, I see three people standing in the doorway. Laughing I pull away from Colby and turn towards the doorway. Grabbing his hand I dramatically bow, Colby soon following my lead and bowing with me. Looking up again my eyes automatically draw to alex who has a small girl resting on his hip sleepily. Walking to him I smile sweetly getting a breathtaking smile in return making my heart skip a beat. "Hello again Alexander", I smile at him watching his eyes light up. Nope. Just the lights.

"Hi Delilah, it's a nice surprise to see you here", he smiles at me making me absent-mindedly smile back almost immediately. You need to calm yourself, scolding myself for acting so weird.

"And who is this beautiful young lady here?", I look towards the child watching sleep-filled blue eyes trail towards me. She smiles timidly before burying her head into Alex's neck making me coo at her adorable actions.

Chuckling," This princess is Olivia", he smiles lovingly at the precious child cuddled in his arms," she is my daughter". Feeling surprise flood me at the words leaving his mouth I quickly cover the unnecessary emotion smiling warmly to Olivia and Alexander. So he is in a relationship. That makes sense considering.. Good for him, I'm happy for him. I try to get rid of the unwanted emotion that quickly replaced the surprise at my revelation.

"Well she is adorable. Hi Olivia, I'm Delilah. But my friends call me Delly", I say with a cheerful tone. Seeing Olivia smile makes my smile brighten. She turns towards me and signs quickly, and excitedly, while I look at her hands after realising what she was about to do. 'Are we friends?', when I nod in response she smiles brightly and doesn't miss a beat, 'Delly. You can call me Livvy. That's what daddy calls me'.

"Baby doll, slow down. Delilah doe-"

"Well I don't think Livvy will work. Lets leave that name for your dad. How about we think of something else?", I cut Alexander off not moving my gaze from Olivia. Feeling Alexander's eyes still on me I look up to see a surprised look on his face with an emotion in his eyes that I cant place. "I know some sign language so its okay", laughing slightly," if its not intruding, may I ask why she is mute? She seems to hear perfectly".

"Its not intrusive. Just a long story", he smiles painfully hiding it so well that it is almost unnoticeable. "I'm gonna go take off my coat and boots", he pauses to sigh dramatically," which means baby doll, that you have to get down". She pouts and shakes her head making my laugh quietly. "Do you wanna lay down on the couch?", shaking her head again she signs to him angled away from me so I couldn't read her hands. Seeing him roll his eyes jokingly to whatever she just signed to him he sighs again, "ask then".

She turn towards me again so that I'm able to see what she signs me. Instead of signing like I first expected her to do she just holds her arms out with a pout and watery blue eyes. Inching closer I hold my arms out flawlessly not sure what she was gesturing to. Watching her move around in his arms she leans dangerously toward making my arms wrap around her small frame to make sure she didn't fall and hurt herself. Propping her onto my hip I smile at her in response to her bright smile that matches her bright blue eyes. I look up just in time to see Alex smile at us and turn around yo walk away. Looking down again I see her cuddled into me sleeping soundly making a fond smile pull at my lips.

I look up at Emily with a questioning expression,"I didn't know Alexander was with some one", I trail off looking down at the angel in my arms. Smiling fondly," or such an adorable daughter", not taking my eyes off of her.

"Oh no. Alex isn't with anyone, dear. Its fairly complicated", Emily trails off in an unsure tone. Feeling even more curious I look back down at Olivia from looking up to Emily. "Olivia's mom isn't around", she adds on as an after-thought.

Nodding in response I let the conversation drop and walk to the couch easing into the couch as carefully as possible to not disturb the sleeping child in my arms. Getting comfortable with the foreign weight cuddle warmly on top of me I think back to the conversations that took place previously.

How could anyone willingly leave this adorable little girl? Thinking back to her being mute, I hope no one hurt her. I would go on a rampage for this little girl.

Feeling the lack of sleep catch up to me I close my eyes as I slowly drift off. Right on the brink of falling into the comforting darkness when I faintly feel soft material being draped over us. Straining to hear what's happening around me I hear soft pattering of feet walking around, almost tiptoeing, quietly.

"Goodnight Baby doll. Goodnight Del".

A/N: I'm so sorry!! I have had this written up for a while but haven't actually sat down to type it all. I hope it was worth the wait.
I hope you all had a GREAT Christmas and New Years, along with other holidays I don't know how to spell.. :) I want to thank you guys again. For anyone who is taking time to read this. Love you all!!!

Have a good day/night! ☺❤

1477 words.