Chapter 1

"Betty! Wake up!"

Was the first thing Betty heard as she quickly regained consciousness. When she opened her eyes she realized the plane they were currently flying on had landed.

"Grab your backpack and get moving. All the seats are practically empty!"

It took a minute for Betty's brain to process what was being said to her. She was still in a slight daze from her multiple hour long snooze. That was until her raven haired friend pinched her, causing her to instantly come out of that fog.

"How did you manage to fall asleep during the takeoff and then throughout the landing? Do you know how difficult it was to buckle your seatbelt when the pilot announced the landing?", Veronica joked as Betty looked down at the still connected belt wrapped around her waist. With all the travelling Veronica has done in her life, she still hated the rumbling of the plane during takeoff and the usual jerk when the plane made contact with the ground in the landing.

"I was up all night.",Betty replied not nonchalantly. Veronica looked at her friend with deep concern.

"Why is that?"

Betty smiled fully now that she was completely awake. "It's the first time I'm going to see Archie since the summer of sixth grade. How could I sleep?" 

Veronica smirked at her. "I'm still amazed by the fact you two have stayed in touch for so long. I mean, it took my ex's months to answer my texts. Are you sure you guys are 'just friends'?" Betty laughed at the thought of her and Archie being more than what they are. But she will admit that in third grade she thought she had a crush on him but was quick to deny that accusation.

"Archie and I have never thought of each other in that way. Yes I love him with all of my heart but like a brother.", Betty answered calmly.

With the sly smile still playing at Veronica's lips, the raven haired woman said, "Well in that case, I may have to give Dr. Andrews a physical  if he looks anything like he does in the pictures you showed me." Betty froze.

"If you do that, I want absolutely NO details. I don't want any scarring images of my two best friends going at it in a tent on the site." 

The two woman laughed as they reached up to retrieve their luggage which wasn't a lot because it was easier to just mail their clothes since they will be staying in India for a lengthy amount of time. They continued talking as they went to the expensive looking car that was sent to drive them to Dr. Jones and Dr. Andrews's archeological sight.

———————————

"Arch, how in the Seven Seals did I let you talk me into letting you hire these girls?"

This is not going to end well  was Jughead's only thought as him and his ginger friend made their way to the meeting point for their new arrivals.

"Because you trust my judgment?", Archie said with no further explanation. Jughead responded to Archie's question with an annoyed look. The two people Archie had hired had good resumes and seemed to do well with their jobs. In fact, they had cleaner records than he did. But what made him uneasy was that they haven't been on any sites as big, important, or exclusive as his former archaeologist and field doctor had been.

But it was too late now. The two would be flying in today and there was nothing he could do to stop it now. Jughead let out a noise of frustration. "Please try to be nice to them. At least to Betty. To be honest you remind me of her. I think that was one of the reasons why I wanted to be your friend when I moved."

"I don't know if I should be offended or not.", Jughead expressed saracstically which elicited a playful glare from the ginger.

"But that doesn't mean I won't be a total asshole towards Freddy and Claudia."

Of course he wasn't going to be a total asshole to the two women. He respected all of his crew. He just wasn't going to be 'nice' if they didn't do their jobs right. Archie gave him a threatening stare. As if that was going to scare him. For the love of god, this man used to be in a gang! He has made grown men cry and wet their pants with just one glance in their direction. Like a scowl from his friend that played football since he was four was going to bother him.

Archie must have read Jughead's mind because he quickly dropped the look. "Look," they stopped walking now that they were at the entrance where they agreed to meet the newcomers, "first of all it's Betty and Veronica. Second, I don't know about her friend, but I think you and Betty will really get along. You two have so much in common it's uncanny."

Before Jughead could argue the black car pulled up beside them. Two woman emerged from it. One with midnight black hair and the 'rich bitch' attitude going on. The other was blonde and... he couldn't find anything to complain about for once. She was gorgeous. A gorgeous blonde with little makeup on, hair in a messy bun sitting atop her head, and in comfy lounge clothes. "Which one is Elizabeth?", Jughead whispered to his friend.

"The blond is Elizabeth, or Betty as I call her, so the other must be Veronica.", Archie whispered in response.

Jughead stepped forward. "Hello,I am Dr. Jones and this is Dr. An-" He got cut off by the blonde screaming.

"ARCHIE!"

She ran to him with Archie meeting her half way in a bone crushing hug. "I missed you so much. It's been so long since we last saw each other." Her voice was muffled by Archie's shirt.

"I know and I'm so glad you're here." 

When they pulled away Archie smiled and said, "Did you decide on your answer." Betty looked at him confused. "For my proposal." Betty blushed and started laughing. "I think I need more time to think about it." Archie pretend to be sad. "But I've waitd to hear the answer since...when was it? Second grade?" She kissed him on the cheek and hugged him again.

Archie had been referring to a time second grade when he was told he was going to be held back. Betty obviously disagreed with this so she took it upon herself to tutor him everyday until his grades were back up. This resulted in Archie asking her to marry him. Her answer was, "Oh little Archie, we're to young. Ask me again when we're adults."

Jughead felt this weird angry feeling bubbling in his stomach. Was he...jealous? No! He couldn't feel jealous. He doesn't even know the girl. Then again he had never felt this way towards any girl that he actually dated, not to mention even met.

He was snapped out of his confusing trance by someone clearing their throat. Jughead looked up and saw the blonde standing in front of him with her arm extended outwards.

When he shook her hand he felt sparks. The same thought went through his mind. But now it was for a entirely different reason. A reason that scared him more than the original. A reason that was foreign to him.

This is definitely not gonna end well.

———————————

A/N- There you have it. Chapter 1. It's done now. Once again, this account is run by Jones_2_ and BI_BI_BI_18 . It's currently the latter speaking. Go ahead and vote if you want to and tell us what you think about this story. Alright I'm tired so have a great day.