Chapter 3

Betty opened her eyes and looked around her. She wasn't in the small dark trailer she was provided. Instead she was in a deep pit full of snakes with nowhere to move to.

Click

Betty knew that sound all too well. She remembered it from when her psycho dad held a gun to her head back in her high school years. As she slowly turned around to where she heard the noise, she saw him.

The hood over his head. Hiding every horrific feature with the exception of his eyes. But the worst thing about his figure was the hatred that layed within his eyes.Betty turned to run away Stepping on countless snakes below her. Trying to escape from the monster named Hal Cooper, the man she used to call her father.

But just as she was about to climb out of the ditch, a green snake lunged at her face.

Betty bolted awake covered in sweat and taking in gulps of air trying to calm down. This wasn't the first time she's had dreams caused by PTSD. Ever since her therapy they haven't appeared as often as they used to but she still got them occasionally. Like most cases, it was usually only when something triggered it.

In this case it was probably due to Jughead calling her "perfect."

Perfect. If only! God I hate that fucking word!

Once she slowed her heart rate down to a reasonable pace, she sat up and checked the time. It was 5:26 and she had to leave by 6:30.Veronica had spent the night knowing Betty would have trouble sleeping. When she started to get restless in her sleep from a nightmare, her best friend was there to wake her. Since her friend was no longer present in the trailer Betty assumed she went to get breakfast.

The exhausted woman put on a T-shirt,shorts, and tied her hair in its "iconic ponytail", as her friend Kevin Keller says. There was no point in putting on makeup. She would just sweat it off in the summer heat of India and look like a mime. And it's not like she's trying to impress anyone here. Even if she was, she was confident without twelve layers of contour.

Another thing she improved in therapy was her self confidence. When she first started she was rock bottom. Betty hated literally everything about herself. She never got sleep due to her dreams and her lack of self confidence. Archie encouraged her to get a therapist and it was the best idea ever. It took her all of college to now to get to the point where she can look in a mirror and not cry. When she was a junior in college she decided to get two tattoos. One of a rose on her one forearm and an arrow on the other.

The rose was because she was a warrior for love and wore her heart on her sleeve. The arrow was to represent mental heath. She read a quote that said, "An arrow can only go forward by being pulled back, so when you're going through a hard time, being pulled back, it only means you're about to experience something greater and bigger." She hoped that that was her case.

Dr. Jones basically accused her of getting them to rebel after her quote-on-quote perfect life and that infuriated her even more.

How is Archie friends with that asshole?

Before she knew it she was at the breakfast tent. Of course her two friends were already getting a early start on flirting. She went over to the food table where they were standing getting their food. She looked at the fruits, oatmeal, and cereal. Then she saw what she needed and mostly craved.

Coffee.

She quickly poured it in a cup with some creamer and just before she drank it Archie noticed her.

"I strongly recommend not drinking that." His voice was as serious as his face.

"It can't be that bad." She chuckled at how dramatic her 24 year old friend was being. As soon as the liquid touch her tongue, she realized that he had every right to be. Saying that the coffee she unfortunately drank tasted like shit was a understatement. It tasted like it was brewed in a river. Betty immediately spit the brown refreshment out with a disgusted expression.