Chapter 2

What the fuck did Archie get me into?

Is what came to Betty's mind when she first saw Dr. Jones. Yes she had seen pictures of him but they were mostly blurry candid's. She knew that he was tall,usally wore a leather jacket, and had dark hair. But in most of those photos he had a fedora or some kind of hat covering his eyes. So it made perfect sense that she was taken aback by the man's gorgeous irises. She expected him to have dark black or brown eyes judging from his raven hair. She hadn't expected the stormy blue color that locked with hers when she shook his hand. Which was quite soft for someone who works with handtools on a daily basis.

Archie interrupted her thoughts when he said, "Let's get in the car and we'll show you two where you'll be sleeping at." As soon as he finished his sentence a hoodless Jeep pulled up. Betty got in and sat down in the back and expected Veronica to sit next to her.

 Instead her friend opposite to her next to Archie.

Why am I not surprised?

"This is Harry Chewbacca," Dr. Jones introduced the girls to the large driver. "He takes us across the site to save time. Most of the crew doesn't have this luxury but since you will need to get to a person as quickly as possible if they are injured," he looked at Veronica then turned to Betty, "and you being my assistant archeologist will be with me most of the time." He seemed annoyed when he said that to her. Come to think of it since the moment she stepped out of the car he seemed annoyed with her. Betty wanted to talk to Archie more and catch up but him and Veronica were too busy flirting their asses off.

Looks like Veronica thinks he looks like he does in the pictures I showed her.

Betty chuckled at her two friends shamelessly flirting. "Shouldn't you be mad that your fiancé is flirting with your friend." She look to the man sitting next to her still looking pissed off with a raised eyebrow. 

"What do you mean?" She was confused on why he would say that.

"Didn't Archie propose or something?" 

Betty busted out laughing. When she calmed herself down, she told him with a smile, "Archie was just referring to a time in second grade when he asked me to marry him because I helped him pass the grade. I told him to ask again when we were adults because we were like seven." She was at least expecting a smile or laugh at the funny story about their friend. Nothing.

He just nodded his head and looked back to his phone. Dr.Jones then told Mr. Chewbacca,"Their trailers are near ours. Just take us to that area."

When the driver dropped them off Archie looked to the girls.

"These two are your homes for the next few months. Betty your in number 13 and Veronica your in 14. I'm in 15 so if you two need anything...",he paused and looked at Veronica, "...just come by and ask. I'll see what I can do." Then Archie gave them their keys.