Teruntuk ayah

dear dad,

I love you. I really do, and I know you love me the same even though we have so many differences in expressing our love. your love had taught me so many things and stabilize me when the world seemed to hate my very core.

here's the thing: i, too, want to learn how to love future dads the way mum loves you.

okay, dad, don't be mad, you might be traumatized over what happened to me the last time I got my heart broken. but as much as he was a jerk, I was at fault too. I was the one who bungee jumped without any ropes, I was the one to lull myself into pointless dream, it was all me. so when we finally broke off, no wonder I was a mess (no wonder I dragged you into my mess).

but I've learned my lessons.

this time, dad, I'll fall in love right. I will keep my feet on the ground. I will be realisticly, wholefully, love him even if he didn't love me back. it's okay, dad, it makes me happy to love him no matter how pointless these feelings are. and this time, I promised my heartbreak won't be as pathetic as before. aren't I your clever girl, dad? aren't I the one who rarely repeat the same mistakes in my calculations?

it's okay if you didn't believe me yet. I still love you, and I know your love will soften the blow when things go south.

so trust me, dad. this time, trust me to walk this journey of another romance story, and I'll show the world that your precious daughter's heart is so filled with her parents' love that unrequited feelings won't let her down.

--leevee, this choice is mine