Wakas.

Today is the proposal and I still don't know how to pull it off.

I called her friends, Manang Sita and Uno and some of her colleagues to help me and witness this proposal. I know how she fantasizes romantic encounters. Pero hindi ako ganoon e. Kagwapuhan lang at pagmamahal ang mayroon ako.

I was on the way for the preparation a while ago when she called me that she wanted to meet me. So, I thought of an idea that the proposal will be held on that particular restaurant she wanted.

I dressed formally and made it sure that I would be the most handsome man she'd ever meet. Walang wala 'yong Heron at Darryl na iyon sa akin. They can never equate my handsomeness. I'm beyond the word handsome. Gano'n talaga e, nasa lahi.

When I saw her walking towards the door, with that white dress God knows how my heart is fluttering right now. Lord, this is the woman I vowed to spend the rest of my life with.

Kaya hindi na ako nakapagpigil pa at hinalikan siya agad.

"Ano ka ba," Hinampas niya naman ako sa braso. Napangisi ako. While we were waiting for the food, I was still thinking on how to start it. Fuck! I've defended so many cases, pero 'yong ito ang hirap umpisahan. Binabalutan pa rin ako ng matinding kaba.

We both said our names in chorus. I even saw how uneasy she was. Kaya, pumunta na lang ako sa mic stool to gather up my strength.

I sang with my heart all out. Nakita ko ang pagtakip niya ng bibig. Kagat niya pa rin ang pang ibabang labi niya habang nakatingin sa 'kin.

"Rashiel, alam mo naman na mahal kita. I'm inlove with you stone-cold." She nodded. I breathed. Grabe ang kabog pa rin ng dibdib. Tangina!

"We've been through a lot, you know how difficult it is for us fighting for the love that was stolen away from us. But this time, I want us to prove that the love that we have now is still on fire, that it will always ignite through the years. You know how hesitant I was at first to play the fire because I maybe get hurt and burn myself but when I played fire with you, pleasure consumed me. You're the only fire I played and enjoyed with Esguerra."

I saw her on the verge of crying. Damn. Ako rin, naiiyak ako. Ang bakla! Pwe! Huwag muna Gray! You still need to do this!

"You're the only woman I loved and will always love. The woman who made me crazy like this. Today, I make an oath that you're not an obligation, not even a responsiblity-- you're my life."

My woman kept on crying.

"Padua.."

"Alam kong sobrang naiinis ka na kasi ang tagal pa bago ko ito gawin, hindi dahil sa hindi ako sigurado sa'yo. I've been sure of you bata pa lang tayo Esguerra. I had some important things to deal with. I want to be the best for us-- for our child. But today, let me do this--"

Kinuha ko iyong singsing mula sa suit ko. I opened it in front of her eyes.

"Will you--" She cut me off.

"Yes yes!" She exclaimed. A smile drew on my lips. She pulled me up and kissed me. Damn. Finally.

Now I will not call her anymore Esguerra but my wife, the woman who caught me on fire. My soon to be Mrs. Padua.

"What do you want mahal ko for our wedding? Church or beach?" I asked. Nakahilata kami at nakatukod ang siko ko sa kama siya naman ay may binabasang magazine.

Yesterday was her check up and we were told of the gender of the baby. Ibang klase pala talaga ang pakiramdam kapag malaman mong malapit na rin ang pagsilang ng anak mo.