I'm a better match!

Eren pov

I'm sitting in my math class and listening to the teacher go on about things I don't care about. We aren't actually learning anything related to math, it's just her complaining about her love life.

I don't exactly have one but I kind of understand her pain in a different way. There's a boy I like named Levi but he's dating a girl in my history class named Petra Ral (sorry, needed for story line.) 

They don't really match though, in fact they couldn't be more different. Petra is rude, snotty, and thinks she owns him and everything else, while he is perfect in every way. In my opinion I'm a way better match then that rich little girl.

He doesn't see me like that though, I'm only a friend. It took a long time to earn that title so trying to get the boyfriend title would take years.

I laid my head on my desk and quietly groaned at the thought. My best friend Armin who sits next to me in math class looks over and smiles knowing what's bugging me like always.

"You need to relax Eren. Have you tried spending time with him without anyone around?" Armin asked as we packed up our things to head to lunch. "Yes, but Petra is always following him and ordering him around like a dog, I don't understand what he sees in her" I said crossing my arms in frustration.

"Maybe something's going on at his home and he is with her for her money, she is rich after all. If someone needs money sucking up to her is probably the best way to get it" Armin said holding his books to his chest.

"You're probably right Armin. You know more about everything then I do" I say smiling at my blonde friend. "Well, I'm going to go to the library for a bit before going to next class" Armin said starting to turn down another hall.

"You aren't going to lunch?" I asked tilting my head curiously. "No, I'm not that hungry" He says waving goodbye before starting his walk to the library. I sighed and continued to the cafeteria running into some of my friends and Jean along the way.

Mikasa, Jean, Marco, Sasha, Connie, Ymir, Christa, Annie, Reiner, Berthold, and I all sat a table near the one Levi sits at. He always sits with his small group of friends and Petra, normally he just yells at Hanji the entire time while drinking a cup of tea but today seemed a little off. 

I watched their group come in but noticed Levi was missing from the group. I quickly looked away when I saw Hanji start to make her way over to me, she looked like she was bursting in excitement which is never good for anyone. 

"Eren, come with me" she says happily and practically yelled it. I looked down and pretend I didn't hear her before I was pulled off the bench and out of the cafeteria. "Hanji, what's happening?" I asked her trying to keep up with her fast feet.

"A little blonde boy told me someone has a crush on the angry little dwarf" she says looking back at me with her crazy smile. "Why does it matter? He has a girlfriend and besides it took me so long just to be his friend, I don't want to ruin that" I said sadly.

"Listen to me Eren, you may not have been called Levi's friend until last year but he obviously considered you a friend. He told you everything about him and Petra is nothing to him, he's only with her because he promised his mom when he was young before she died that he would find a girlfriend before he turned 18" Hanji explained.

"Why are you telling me all this? What does me knowing so much about Levi have to do with anything?" I multi-asked. "Are you good at singing?" she asked ignoring my questions. "I guess, I can't say I'm amazing but I'm okay" I said being pulled into the music room. 

Hanji shut the door and locked it, covering the window on the door. "I'm going to help you win Levi over and get Petra away. I am so sick of her always following him and telling him what to do, I miss the shorty that didn't take anything from anyone" Hanji said.