Chapter 3

The sound of metal hitting metal woke everyone in the cell up, including me. I quickly looked around the cell, then to the guard that had scraped the cell bars with his sword.

"Fighter 242, time to fight." He spoke loudly as he looked at his clip board.

I stood up, ready to face that poor excuse of a king. I am so ready to kill him and tear this kingdom apart. Once the cell door opened, I calmly walked out and down the hall to the armor room.

I picked up the same sword I had used yesterday. 

I stood near the gate ready to face the king. The guard looked at me, up and down, studying me.

"Aasira Cruz?" He asked.

"The one and only" I said fixing my hair.

Once the gate opened Glitter yelled into the mic getting the crowd ready.

"And here is our winner from yesterday Aasira Cruz!" The vampires hissed at me in disgust.

I looked up to the balcony that the king was at. He stared at me as a girl with light gray hair sat on the chair next to him.

I bowed to him mockingly, which made him slightly smile as his face rested on his fist. My eyes caught the girl's eyes. She was obviously bored. 

"And our next competitor, William!" Glitter spoke as the vampires cheered for this so-called William.

He walked calmly into the arena. He had black hair, his eyes were dark red, his skin was lightly tanned, and he was tall. He stood in front of me in the matter of 2 seconds.

"Nice to meet you Aasira, I've heard so much about you." He spoke holding his hand out for me to take it, I refused and swung my sword at him, but before I could puncture his skin, he held the tip of the sword.

"Now, now I was only trying to be nice." William spoke gently.

"I don't need your sympathy you filthy vampire." I spat.

"I was only trying to be nice." He spoke with a smile and shrugged his shoulders.
he let go of the sword and stepped back closing his eyes.

I charged towards him; I was about to stab him and suddenly I was back to the night my father died.

⚜⚜⚜

A younger version of me hid behind a tree in the forest.
"Little girl, are you lost." A young man said grabbing my younger self's shoulder. He was definitely a vampire.

I quickly hit his stomach as hard as I could and started running. I looked back waiting to see if the vampire was running after me.

Still running I ran into something that felt like a wall, I looked up and noticed it was him the same vampire.

He held onto me tightly not letting me go or struggle out. He picked me up and carried me deeper into the woods.

Next to the grand oak tree, my father, John Cruz and the elders were on their knees, tied up. 

"Don't hurt her!" My father yelled to the man that carrying me.

"Oh, we aren't going to hurt her, but she is going to watch you all die for your sins." A man with blond hair walked out of the shadows. My eyes caught his. He disappeared for a second then appeared in front of me, he raised his hand and the vampire carrying me put me down on my feet and walked next to the other vampires.

The man with blond hair got on one knee to be the same height as me. he held onto my chin and took out a knife from his pocket.

"Don't you dare hurt her!" I heard my father yell, which startled me, and a tear ran down my cheek. 

"No need to cry little one, this won't hurt, okay?"

I closed my eyes.

He cut a small part of my neck. I felt warm blood drip down from my neck. The man licked the blood clean from his knife.

"The children are always the sweetest" He said standing up while the other vampires laughed at his 'joke'.

"It's against the humane law to kill human children!" My father said. 

"I doubt any human or vampire kingdom would defend your people after all of the pain you have caused, John."