Chapter 6

His eyes changed from dark brown to blood red . I stared into his eyes speechless as he held my chin. He swiftly grabbed my wrist bringing it up to his mouth. He looked at my wrist and back to my eyes.

"May I?" He asked politely.

Vampires don't ask, they take and take until there is no more to take but why did he ask me? I'm sure he saw the shock on my face because I wasn't expecting what happened next. 

He placed light kisses on my wrist that sent a wave of electricity through my whole body. His fangs scrapped lightly on my skin. I felt my whole body heat up. My head felt dizzy. I swear this must be one of his abilities, but I never heard of such ability to cause this much pleasure. 

"Yes" I answer and immediately felt his smile on my wrist. 

His fangs punctured my skin. Warmth rushed throughout my body, there was no pain, its just me and him. My legs eventually gave out and I feel myself fall on him, in one single motion he swoops me in his arms and gently lays me on the bed with him. 

He wraps one arm around me and with the other he runs his fingers through my hair. He  holds my head close to his chest and that's when I can smell him, his scent was chocolate.

 I was trying my hardest to fight my sleep. I'm not sure if I could trust him yet, not when I'm most vulnerable. 

"Go to sleep. I won't hurt you." He said softly rubbing circles on my back.

He was making it hard for me to fight my sleep. He began hummed a calm melody that filled the entire room. Everything he did made my body relax. I couldn't fight my sleep anymore, I was slowly giving  into the tiredness, into him. I hate him for making me want to give up, to trust him with my every being, how is this even possible. 

I closed my heavy eyes.

----------------------------------------------

I was back at the neighboring village that had taken me in as one of them after my father and the elders were murdered. 

Everyday in the early morning all the kids would train, the women would go farming, and the men would go hunt and protect the borderline. This was the daily routine that would become normal to me. 

The only thing that could be hear were swords clinging, yelling, laughter, and the sound of arrows being shot into trees and training dummies made of logs. 

While the other kids practiced with dummies, I practiced with the warrior of the village, I was his apprentice.

The Village chief took me in as one of his daughters, he was good friends with my grandfather and he felt responsible for me, for my father, and for the deaths from my village. 

I was suddenly knocked me off my feet and falling to the hard ground. Anger and pain filled my body.

"Focus" The Warrior said.

I quickly got up and started swinging as he dodged everyone of them with ease. Everyone stopped what they were doing to watch us. The kids watching were the same age as me but they never practice wielding a sword that wasn't made wood. 

I swung the sword with full force, the sword cut the side of his left shoulder, and hit the ground with a loud cling. Everyone gave out a loud gasp of fear. The warrior was no one to mess with but here I was able to cut him, which people couldn't do or come close to.

"Good job." He said covering the cut.
I bowed my head and everyone went back to work. He went to sit on the cut tree that had fallen over during a harsh storm.

He rolled up his sleeve. His arm was filled with all kinds of tattoos, but my favorite was the wolf. He also had a tattoo of a little girl on his shoulder. He won't tell me who it is but I've heard rumors that it was his daughter who was killed.

I sat in front of him watching every thing he did. He ripped a piece of his shirt and wrapped in around the cut. I looked at his face and studied it. He was tan, black hair, obviously built, and in his mid 30's. 

The first thing I had learned from him was not to say sorry if I ever hurt him and I respected that.

He noticed me staring and patted my head giving a small smile.
I didn't return that smile, I couldn't smile anymore not after what happened. I don't know how he could still smile like he didn't lose his family, the only thing that could make him happy. 

I turned away ignoring his smile.

-------------------------------------------------