Love in a Briefcase- Chapter 5

Heat attack by Demi Lovato on the side!

Love in a Briefcase- Chapter 5

Edited.

"Miss Harper, are you in there?" A voice called out on the other side of the door.

Panic-stricken, both Jade and Alejandro broke their sensual kiss and hastily fetched their discarded clothes.

Jade felt her cheeks heating up at their close proximity. Was she blushing? No! She never blushed. This was so out of her character. She was a woman full of confidence and not one to be embarrassed on things as simple as a kiss.

But, the kiss was so passionate, so sensual. Filled with lust. It felt so right to feel his lips on hers. His plump lips were heavenly; even toxic.

Yes, toxic; his lips intoxicated her. She knew that she did not love Alejandro. Hell, they only met today after three months. And, she did not do love. It just was not for her.

But, she could not help but to feel sexually attracted to the man. She imagined his long fingers touching her everywhere; caressing every nook and cranny of her body, even the most intimate ones. She could imagine his tongue trailing down her body and doing wonders to her. She could imagine his lips kissing every single cell of her body.

Realizing what she was thinking, Jade mentally scolded herself, No Jade! Don't go there! His lips are cursed. They are damned; doomed. You'll regret it if you mix business and pleasure.

"Did you see my shirt?" Alejandro asked while looking for the white garment. His voice was still husky from the previous kiss.

The person on the other side of the door was still knocking,

"Miss Harper?"

"Wait two minutes please!" Jade exclaimed. Seeing a piece of white fabric near the wooden black mahogany office table, she quickly snatched it,

"Here," She handed the shirt to the Spanish man before buttoning her own sky blue blouse and her suit jacket.

"Gracias." Him talking in Spanish sent a shiver down her spine. She watched Alejandro, buttoning his shirt, covering his toned chest.

Jade ignored the involuntary reaction and straightened her outfit before making her way towards the door and opening it.

There stood Adam with his right hand raised in a fist as if he was about to knock; again. He was holding a bunch of folders.

"What are those, Adams?" Jade asked while raising an eyebrow.

Adam lowered his hand before holding the folders out,

"These are the files you requested yesterday for the Johnson's case."

"Oh, great. Thanks Adam," Jade closed the door once Adam had answered her. She turned around, folders in hands, and came face to, in her case, chest, with the Spanish man. She could feel herself blushing again, an unfamiliar reaction, and side stepped Alejandro.

Jade cleared her throat, ignoring Alejandro's cheeky wink when he noticed her slightly pink cheeks, 

"These are the files for one of the cases on which I am currently working on. So, basically, measures were taken by Mrs. Alia Johnson when she discovered that her husband, Mr. Roger Johnson, a rich businessman, had a liaison with his secretary. She is leading this case to court because she wants full custody of their child, Cody Johnson, and her husband won't let her have it as Cody is  the heir of all his companies. Harper and Williams is representing Mrs. Johnson and we have a meeting with the opponent lawyers and the litigants tomorrow to discuss the case. These files should be read and verified by then."

Alejandro agreed,

"Okay. I think that that can be done."

Jade sat down,

"Good, then let's get started."