Epilogue: For Her

For her
he cried.
For her
he loves.
And For her
he won't forget
as she was his first in everything.

———

Entering the room where he used to share with her in the days when he comes over. Jisung couldn't move a muscle as everything flashes through his head repeatedly like a movie he had longed to go back to watch again. Though, it was no longer possible as there was no pause button for this movie he wished to go back an see with his eyes.

He sighs one last time before turning his head to her desk full of papers and boxes. He chuckles as he remembers all the time he would go dig through her stuff to find his polaroids yet never found them.

Up to this day he still haven't found it.

Remembering her last thing she told him to do, Jisung move his legs slowly towards her bed and he crouched down carefully.

Who knows what possessions she have under here that he shall keep. In order to find out he has to see it for himself. He spots a brown wooden box underneath the bed and cautiously grab it out.

He hesitates to open it. Jisung was afraid that he might break down. It wasn't what she wanted him to do if she was here. Well, maybe she is here but not for his eyes to see.

Taking in a deep breath he opened it carefully. Then his eyes widened at the sight of all the pictures she's taken in her life.

The most important thing in her life was, him.

Han Jisung.

Tears welled up his eyes again as he chuckles softly to himself. He couldn't do this. He couldn't look at his pictures the same. Sure, she have good picture skills and he love her for that but it wasn't the same no more.

All the photos she took of him, he was happy, but now? He can no longer find the one thing that causes his happy smile. Those beautiful happy pictures were no longer visible as his smile was beginning to fade.

He bit his lip as he takes out her last picture, she took, out from his pocket.

Looking at the box of polaroids one last time before closing it, he drops the picture in and smiles to himself.

"This was your happiness, but what about mine? What do I get in return?" He mumbles as nothing moved inside the bedroom.

Closing the brown wooden box, Jisung held it in his hands as she wanted him to keep it.

He steps out of her home and look up to her window again. He would remember seeing her there smiling at him but now nothing stands behind there. Nothing but emptiness.

"Like you said before, nobody is getting their hands on these." He chuckles to himself as he takes home his polaroids, the only ones who causes her euphorias.

The wind blew by his cheek and he smiles sadly.

"If a picture and a video is the pause button of every beautiful moments in life then why can't there be a rewind button?"

Because no such thing exists.

「️☆️☆️☆️」️