She Could Have Made Herself Look Less Hot*

"What do you mean I'm grounded!?" I scream at my parents, standing in the middle of the lounge.

After my friends and I agreed we would meet up tomorrow night at my place to discuss what we were going to do I went home, except my parents were waiting for me. They said we all needed to talk about the serial killer situation, apparently, Derek's mum had called all our parents telling them that we were investigating the serial killer situation after we were strictly told not to.

"Evangeline, we specifically told you to stop looking into this situation and you went out of your way to disobey us!" Mum yells at me, standing from her seat on the couch.

"So!? There is a serial killer at large who is killing the supernatural and I know who it is! I can stop him!" I yell back at her, shaking with anger.

"You know who it is?" Dad asks, standing up to join mum at her side.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm down. "Yes, I figured it out this afternoon," I mumble, looking away from my parents, crossing my arms.

"Evangeline Isabell Wilson-Ryder-" ouch, the full name- "you tell us who it is right now or you're grounded for the rest of your life," mum demands.

"What!?" I yell, dropping my arms, "that's not fair! I did a better job than the FBI did at this! You can't ground me for this!"

"We can and we will," dad says, crossing his arms, "now tell us so we can alert the authorities."

I glare at my parents, lips trembling as hot tears prick at my eyes. "Ethan Black..." I mumble, looking away from them.

I can feel them both tense at his name. His name clearly hits a sore spot, but it's not like it should matter, if he was only an ex to my mother.

"Room. Now," mum demands, I snap my head to look at her as dad walks out of the room on the phone. "You're to drop this immediately and never speak that vile name ever again."

My jaw opens and closes, they can't do this, I worked too hard for this all to be taken away now. I clench my jaw tight as my fists ball at my sides, I storm out of the room and then run upstairs to my room, slamming the door shut.

I rush and check under my bed for the box of stuff I've collected which is thankfully still there. I sigh and pull the box out, heading into my wardrobe to find a new hiding place for all of this.

I flung open one of my draws that sit on the floor, I pull out the draw and lift the carpet, underneath the carpet is a hatch that you could just get a small moving box into, it opens up into the rafters between the top and bottom floor. I used to hide my diaries here from around eleven to fourteen, but I stopped two years ago.

I carefully take the box of evidence and lower it into the space, luckily it just fits and I'm able to close it all back up. Hopefully, they won't find it here. I sigh to myself and make my way back into my bedroom space, when a voice comes from the couch at the end of my bed.

"That was smart Evangeline."

I jump when I see Nathan sitting there, holding a knife in his hand. "What do you want Nathan?" I ask, crossing my arms.

Nathan stands slowly and walks over to where I'm standing, he places the knife under my chin and tilts my head up to look at him. I glare at him, not letting him see how much my hands are shaking.

"Just checking in, seeing how the new recruit is doing," he muses to himself, moving my head side to side, examining my face.

I scrunch my brows together and then shove him backwards. He falls backwards onto the couch, the wind knocked out of him. I stalk over to him and place my boot against his chest, not letting him move.