7. Arguments

Tom's POV:

I froze when I heard Edd's voice. But what was that click sound? And why was he awake? I slowly turned around, my 'eyes' widening. He was holding the gun I found in Tord's room when I saw him in this condition for the first time.

Edd looked angry. Really angry. Tord looked scared when he hid behind my back. "Tord, come here. I'm here for you now." Edd said, giving him a small smile. Tord shook his head, shaking. "Tord, come. Here. Now." Edd repeated, trying to convince him, but he was already losing his patience.

Tord sighed and walked towards him, keeping Tomee bear close to him. Edd made sure he was hiding behind his back and then looked back at me, giving me a glare. "What were you planning to do to him!?" He asked, talking a bit louder than it was necessary. Tord flinched, but didn't comment it.

I threw my hands in the air, showing Edd, that I don't have any weapons with me. 'What's gotten into him?' I asked myself. "I wasn't doing anything to him!" I said. But Edd still didn't look like he believed me.

"Then why are you both awake and alone here?" He asked, calming down a little bit. "I-I just couldn't sleep and...and.." I didn't know, what else to say. "And? Why is Tord here?" Edd asked. Tord mumbled something that I couldn't understand, petting Tomee as he looked at me with a sad expression.

I backed away. "I-I just..!" "Eddie... No-" Edd sighes and looked at Tord. "Stay back!" "But-" Edd gave him a glare and Tord backed away as far as he could. "Edd, you're scaring him." I said. "I'm just trying to keep him safe from you!" He yelled at me, tears forming in his brown eyes.

"From me!? I'm not hurting him!" I yelled back at him. Tears fell down his cheeks, his hands started shaking. "You laugh when he gets hurt, you get annoyed when he's near you and he's just trying to make you like him! He really likes you, Tom! Then why can't you understand that-" I've had enough.

"I CARE ABOUT HIM!" I yelled. 'What..? What did I just say? Even though I did give him a chance a few minutes ago, that doesn't mean I like him...' I thought. Edd didn't say anything and lowered the gun. He kept his eyes on me though and watched me closely. "Then why were you acting like that before?" He asked. "I don't know! He's just annoying and I don't know why I said that! But I don't want to hurt him!" I answered. He glared at me again. "Don't. Call Tord. Like that!" He pointed the gun at me again, looking even madder than before.

Tord gasped and ran towards me past Edd and stopped in front of me. He lifted his arms, still holding Tomee bear, to the sides, as if he was protecting me. I was suprised, did he really care about me that much? "Eddie, no!" Tord begged Edd. Edd sighed. "I'm trying to help you, Tord!" "But you hurt papa!"

Edd shook his head. "Tord, Tom hurt you! He said, lowering his voice. "No. He not." Tord hugged me, looking away from Edd. Edd's expression softened as he let go of the gun, letting it fall on the ground, and dropped on his knees.

He watched us, looking like he was close to crying, which he probably was. "T-Tom, I'm so sorry!" I d-didn't want to hurt you!" He apologized, sobbing. I came up to him, Tord coming with me and holding my hand.

I kneeled down beside him and smiled at him. "Hey, it's nothing. It's fine, you just tried to protect Tord." I reassured him. He returned the smile and accepted my hand as we stood up. Edd then pulled me into a hug and I accepted it. Tord joined us, giggling, happy that this madness stopped.

Tord's POV:

Finally, everything was okay again. I was happy for that, I didn't like when someone didn't get along... Like Tom and I... Yeah, I loved him, he was my dad after all, I knew he was. Even though he kept saying that he was not, I didn't believe him.

We went back inside and I was kinda tired. So was papa and uncle Edd. Heh, I was happy that I had such a great family! And uncle Matt was really funny, he always made me laugh! Daddy led me to our room and I jumped on the bed immediately, almost falling. Thankfully, I didn't.

He didn't say anything just layed down as well and after mumbling something like 'Goodnight', he fell asleep. I chuckled and looked up on the ceiling, smiling. 'But should I really be smiling? I mean, they did just fight after all... Over me, was I the problem? Was I doing something wrong?' A thought suddenly came into my head.

I brushed it off. No, it was not my fault. Why would it? Life was amazing! People were nice and caring and I loved them all! And they loved me back, I was sure that even papa did! He just didn't want to admit it for some reason. Oh well, I loved this world! (Aww, Tordie's so innocent! He didn't see the cruel reality yet!)

I closed my eyes, the scene still replaying in my head, but eventually, I fell asleep.

*time skip, because why not*

I woke up to someone shaking me. "More five minutes.." I managed to say through my tiredness. I heard a small sigh. "Tord, wake up." I gave up on trying to fight and opened my eyes. I saw Mattie smiling down at me.

"Morning, sunshine! Come on, let's go eat breakfast!" He said. I smiled at him and nodded, sitting up. "Your hair's a mess, we need to fix that!" He said, brushing his fingers through my tangled hair. It hurt. "Ow!" "Oh sorry! I'll be more careful."

He continued fixing my hazel hair and when he was done, we got up and went down stairs when I heard...arguing. Memories came back to me when I remembered what happened last night. Papa and Eddie...

We walked into the kitchen, seeing them yelling at each other. "Tom, listen to me!" "I am! You're just ignoring what I'm saying!" "I said listen to me!" "See!? That's what I'm talking about!" The fighting continued. "S-stop.." I tried to let them know we were there, but they couldn't hear me.

Mattie cleared his throat. "GUYS!" He yelled, getting everyone's attention. It went silent. When Edd saw me, he panicked. "U-uhh, Matt! Tordie! We...we were just, uhh.." He stuttered. I shook my head. "Why you angry?" I asked both of them.

"It's nothing serious." Daddy answered me, rubbing his arm. I looked down at my feet, wanting my stuffed bear to be there... I left him in my room. "Then why you yell?" I asked, wanting answers. They seemed to get along before, so why were they angry now?

"Tord, it's okay. Nothing's wrong, okay?" Eddie said, giving me a smile. But that smile looked odd. As if he was forcing himself to smile at me. But it was probably just a feeling so I smiled back and nodded.

I looked up at uncle Matt to see him glaring at the two. I tilted my head in fear. "Mattie?" He clenched his fists after petting my hair. "Hey Tordle? Can you do something for me, please?" I nodded. "Yes?" He looked at me, giving me a serious look. "Leave. Go to your room." He said.

I backed away. "I did something bad?" I asked him carefully. He shook his head and looked back at papa and Eddie who were staring at us while smiling nervously. "No. Just go, okay? I need to have..." He paused, glaring at the two. "...A little chat with these two here, okay? So be a good child and go upstairs, I'll come back to you when I'm done."

I was too scared to complain so I just ran off, scared for what was about to come...