18. An endless week

All the art is mine!

Tord's POV:

One day passed. Everyone was acting strange. We were still spending out time together, but they were acting differently. They wouldn't let me have some time alone. As if the were scared about something. I tried asking them and get some answers from them, but with no success.

I tried to go outside by myself. Only with Blue by my side, but they wouldn't let me leave their sight. I understood they were trying to protect me from cars, kidnapping or any other dangerous stuff, but wasn't this a little bit too much..?

Two days passed. I was in my room, cuddling with Blue and Tomee bear while everyone was asleep. I watched my papa sleep beside me and I sighed. I knew I had the chance, but Eddie was always locking the door and closing the windows. I didn't know, where he kept the keys. I wanted to see the night sky!

Three days passed. Everything got worse. They all started arguing again. They were fighting much more often while I just stood there and watched. There was always one of them that tried to stop the other two and glanced at me to check if I was still there.

I always cried when they fought. I hated the arguments. I was breaking apart the whole family. Tears were falling from my cheeks without any end in sight. I was even counting them to make myself busy while they were calming down.

Four days. Everything was dead now. The world wasn't as positive and happy as before. It felt like the colours drained away. I started ignoring the endless fights my family was having. I just watched them lifelessly, sitting on the floor and holding Tomee close to me. I was remembering the times when we all got along and had a happy life. I wanted to get it back, but what could I do? Nothing. Nothing at all.

Five days. I was determined to get answers to my questions. I didn't stop. I was asking the same questions repeatedly. I didn't stop, no matter how much tired I was.

Six days. I spent all my time with Tom and just tried to enjoy the company he was giving me. He seemed to be sad, nervous...scared... All I could see in his pitch black 'eyes' was fear. I knew he loved me. I loved him back, just like Edd and Matt. I was so confused...

I kept on hugging him while we went to a theme park. We both enjoyed it, but when we got back home, he kneeled down beside me and hugged me tighhtly. He started crying. And he didn't stop. He kept on mumbling something I couldn't understand. Seeing him sad made me sad too so I hugged him back as tightly as a small child like me was able to and cried with him.

I felt like our time together was running out. As if they were going to leave me. But they loved me, why would they do that? Why would they..? I tried not to think about it too much, knowing it was just something my brain randomly came up with. Just a useless lie.

Tomorrow... It was going to be a week. I felt stuck. The time slowed. One minute felt like one hour. It terrified me. I just spent all my time with my family, everyone was awfully silent. When Tom and I came back, we found Edd and Matt hugging and crying too... Why was everyone sad today?

We spent the whole evening together. Playing games, drawing, watching tv, hugging and other really cool stuff. I enjoyed it a lot! It made me feel better that even if they had arguments with each other, they still loved each other. And they loved me too. Nothing could go wrong like this, right? We were going to be together forever!

But under the happy faces, the masks that were hiding their truthful emotions, was nothing but pain, suffering, sadness, anger and confusion. I couldn't see it. I didn't know, how they truly felt. All I knew was that there was something they weren't telling me. Something important. Something big.