26. The story was revealed

Tord's POV:

I froze. The time froze. Everything stopped moving before my eyes. He knew.. Tom knew... They all knew. But how? "U-uhh, how do you know Paul? And Patryck? And about the lab?" I stuttered.

"One day, they came to our house. They said they're your real parents, Tord. Are they really?" I didn't respond and started spacing out. To the old times. When I was little and Paul and Patryck took me in. Little did I know, they just needed someone to lead their stupid army once their leader died.

I promised myself I wouldn't become a terrible person, trying to take over the world. But they were forcing me. Until they kicked me out. For NO reason. I still had no idea, why they did that when they were the one that forced me to go there in the first place!

I went back to reality when Tom started snapping his fingers in front of my face. "Well?" He said when I noticed that I snapped out of it. "...Kinda." Silence filled the room once again. My eyes started watering when I remembered everything from the past.

"Why were they here anyway, guys?" I asked, staring at them. Edd looked uncomfortable. "Well, they wanted to take you away because they were your real family and we were not. But you ran back to us and they went to search for you. But they just let you go after Tom threatened them with the gun." He explained.

I was confused but at the same time, kinda knew what was going on. They wanted to keep me, turn me back and get my arse back into the army. But what next? Did they give up? I guess. 'Heh, they were never really patient anyway.' I smiled to myself.

"Look. Paul and Patryck took me in when I was little, alright? They took care of me and such. I was even kinda happy with them. But what I didn't know was that they just wanted to use me. They wanted me to rule an army. The Red Army, if you ever heard about i-" I was cut off by Matt.

"Oh my! The Red Army? Isn't that the army that they were talking about on tv?" I just nodded. The Red Army wasn't really a big secret. But oh well. "That's right, Matt. They wanted me to become the leader so I could do something I think is really stupid and nearly impossible."

I sighed. "Ruling the world. Sounds crazy, right?" I laughed a little. "I mean, that plan? That's a whole lot of shi-" "LANGUAGE, TORD!" Edd yelled. I rolled my eyes. Right, it's Edd. Wanting to keep everyone innocent.

"Sure, whatever. Anyway, not so long after that, they kicked me out. And till this day, I still don't know, why." I finished. Matt was shaking a bit. I sighed and smiled at him. "But hey, I'm not dangerous." I tried to calm him down, receiving a nod from him.

"So.. That lab.." Tom sure wasn't taking all this very well. "Yes. The army. But I still like to invent things so I kept that lab. That gun was supposed to make me immortal. But looking back at it, it does sound really weird and crazy." I smiled at the three.

"And now, look at all that happened." I began laughing. Edd smiled and started laughing too. We all ended up laughing. After we calmed down a little, Edd looked at me. "Are you serious? A gun that would make you immortal? Are you KID-ding me?" I chuckled and looked at Matt and Tom.

They were both smiling. Though, it looked like something was on Tom's mind. I then remembered what he said earlier. When we were on that bridge. I scratched the back of my neck. "Hey, Tom? Can I talk to you in private?"

He seemed to be taken aback with this question but replied with a 'Yes'. We went outside and he looked confused for the whole time. "So, what is it you wanted to sa-" "Friends?" I looked him in his 'eyes'. He tilted his head. "Huh?"

"Earlier. When you told me you want to be friends. Did you mean it, Tom?"I asked him. He nodded hesitantly. "...I see." He looked down, looking sad. I smiled. "Well, why not? I guess we can try." He stayed quiet.

I looked at him and he started chuckling. And that turned into laughter. I was left confused. "What's so funny?" I asked him. "You have grown soooft!" "Hey! That's not true!" He laughed harder. "What's the matter? You're acting like a little kid!" I punched his arm playfully, grinning. "Shut it!"

 He still kept laughing and I just sighed, walking back inside with him right behind me. Edd and Matt looked kinda concerned when they saw the two of us smirking and chuckling like some highschool girls.

"Are you two okay?" Matt asked. When we calmed down a little, I showed him a thumbs up. "Yeah, sure. We just wanted to try to...start over." The two seemed a bit confused but decided to not comment it.

And that was it. I could stop worrying about the army. About Paul and Patryck. I didn't have any more secrets to hide anymore. I was friends with Tom and we could finally have a normal life again.

Well, that is until Matt lost his keys in the toilet.

And that was another Eddventure beginning.

But there were many more. Except there was no more hate and tension between Tom and I. We all got along just fine. And I wanted it to stay like that...

THE END

Well, this is it. The end. This was my eighth story I wrote. And soon, I'm going to start writing a story called 'Way too far'. (It's TomTord, by the way-)

To be honest with you, I don't like this book. I really am NOT proud of it. I don't like the story and I kept losing motivation to continue writing it. But I didn't want to discontinue it! I couldn't just leave you guys hanging. So I finished it with a rushed ending. I'm sorry about that, alright?

But I still want to thank you. To all of you! I know I thank you guys a lot but you made my life better.  QwQ  You're supportive and awesome! Also really kind! And I can't help but love you.  UwU

Well, that's it for today. Have a nice day/night. I'll see you in the next book. Well, some of you. Only if ya wanna read it. Well, bye bye!