That Night

Chara's p.o.v

  Me, Asriel, and Frisk, all slept In y/ns room that night. None of us felt like being alone. Azzy and Frisk had fallen asleep, and so did Y/n. I was still awake, staring at my hands, and making zigzagging lines in the carpet. I don't want to sleep. I was scared of the nightmares I might have. Of being in darkness. Of being sad. Of being afraid. I can't... I shifted my weight, and layed on my side. I tried closing my eyes. I tried to keep them closed. But I just couldn't.  My breathing got heavier, and a ball of fear formed in my gut. I quickly open my eyes again, and sat up, taking deep breaths. I'm scared of the dark... How childish. 

Flashback

"B-but Chara! I can't sleep! Not in the dark!" Asriel said, looking like he was about to wet himself.  I rolled over on my twin bed, and groaned, "Well, if you can't sleep, just go to mom and dads room and sleep with them!" Asriel shook his head, "I can't! It's even darker in the hall! I can't see squat out there!" I grumble, and consider my options, and look at Asriels furry figure, decked out in pajamas decorated with stars. "Fine. I know what you're asking for. Get over here you little crybaby." I heard a shifting sound, and I felt Azzy get in my bed, curling up on the edge. I threw him an extra blanket. "Thanks Chara..." I smiled, and closed my eyes, feeling the sensation of sleep take over. I will never admit to him... that I love my little brother with all my soul.

I twiddled my thumbs, and looked over at Asriel and Frisks sleeping figures. I wonder f it works. I crawl out of the sleeping bag. I stand up, and pick it up from the floor, quietly laying it down in between Frisk and Asriel. I'm pathetic. I lay down, but couldn't help but smile, as I felt safe. Secure. Happy. I close my eyes, and feel the familiar sensation of sleep I had, so long ago.

~The next morning, actually, rather early~

I wake up. I hear two distant voices coming from somewhere in the room next door, Y/n and Sans where talking. I creep out of my sleeping bag, and stand near the doorway, listening. "Y/n, you dun know a d*mn thing about what they've done, ya can't trust her!" Sans whisper shouts. "I don't know what they've done! All I know is that they're two children, who just want to see their parents again!" Y/n says impatiently. I move around, and peek around the door. Sans is standing up, and y/n is in a chair, at a desk facing him. "Well, tat could be a scam! A lie! They might not wanna see their parents again, they might just wanna do it all. Over. Again." Sans says, sitting on the edge of the bed, putting his head in his hands. "What do you mean? 'Again'?" Y/n asks curiously. Sans looks up, "I'm just tryin' to protect ya, I don't want'cha to get yerself hurt." Sans gives a huff, get up, and walk towards the door. I scramble away, back into my room, just as Sans emerges from the doorway, storming off to his room. "This reminds me of one of mom and dads arguments.." I mutter. I give a chuckle at the thought of y/n and Sans arguing like a couple. I quickly walk back to my room, and situate myself back into my bag, taking one last look of Asriels sleeping face, before falling asleep myself. The thing that troubled me most, was the image of what replaced his face before I shut my eyes.

 The thing that troubled me most, was the image of what replaced his face before I shut my eyes