Chapter 7.

I put mu hands over my face, groaning in frustration. Alice was secretly grinning besides me, making faces to Laurie, who was so done with us. We had been spending the whole day at every single shop that had a ball gown inside Hogsmeade. I was becoming frustrated, because this was one of those days when anything didn't seem to fit. I had tried at least 100 dresses, trying to find a proper one to wear, but all the good ones had been bought already and there wasn't much left anymore.

"If you don't get a dress in 10 minutes, you are on your own", Laurie sighed tiredly and looked at his wrist watch. "Hey, a little patience my love! Just wait for the day when I will be picking my own wedding dress", Alice snickered and kissed Laurie.

I looked at them. "And besides you don't have this problem!" I whined.

"Well just pick one and be happy with the one you picked", he suggested. I shook my head and stood up from the waiting room's chairs. "But it's still different, I have to look different, since all the champions will start the whole freaking ball and all eyes are on them, meaning that they are going to look at me as well!!" I whined gloomily, making Alice laugh again. "This is no funny...at all", I sighed and collapsed between the two of them.

I looked at the pile of dresses I had brought for myself for fitting, and none of them looked appealing. "I don't even have enough time anymore to send a letter to mom and ask her to send me something", I said and leaned my face against my knees.

"Where is your boyfriend at times like these? Isn't he the one who's supposed to help you with this?" Laurie asked.

Alice looked at him and played with his dark brown hair. "Listen dear, I'm going to put an end to your agony and say that you can leave, but just hear me out and you better remember this. Girls are complicated and they have this weird thing when they want to see everyone's reaction so that they can feel special and beautiful. So when we are going to attend a ball, maybe for the last time in forever, we need to impress people. That's why we don't want to show our dresses to our dates, because we want their reaction the most. That's why you don't have a single clue about my dress because I want you to start crying when you see me, not really because that's for the wedding. But anyway, take notes and you are free to go, see you back at school", Alice smiled at the confused Laurie.

"Good to know", he said puzzled and kissed Alice's cheek and left the shop.

I felt Alice's hand on my shoulder. "Thank you for the explanation", I said tiredly.

"He should already know that, but oh well...", she admitted amused.

I groaned and looked at her. "What am I going to do? The ball is like in 4 days!!"

Alice thought about it for a while and then seemed to have an idea. She stood up and walked over to the pile of dresses and picked one that was white and just very non-ballgown. She pointed it at me and I just quickly shook my head. "Definitely not, it's not even a ballgown!!"

"Can you just hear me out?" she chuckled and I slowly nodded my head, really wanting to know what she had on her mind.

"Yes this is nothing like a ballgown, but that doesn't mean you couldn't make it to be one", she suggested.

"Come on Alice, didn't you just hear what I said? The ball is in four days and I

seriously don't have the time to start sowing my own dress!!"

She just ignored and started to smirk. "Have you forgotten who, or more like, what you are?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm Ariana Bloom, a student at Hogwarts for wizards and...-"