+ MARKHYUCK ▎ DAISIES.

𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐒:
―  𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎.
―  𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜.
―  𝚙𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢.
―  𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚍.
―  𝚙𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚢   𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎.

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

DAISIES IN THE MOONLIGHT.
markhyuck // word count: 5,212

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Mark and Donghyuck were quite the unlikely pair in all retrospects. Even when they were nothing more than elementary school children who spent the majority of their time coloring pictures, playing innocent games, and laughing hysterically at any occurrence that most people more than likely would have either snickered at lightly, or simply disregarded altogether, their lack of inherent connotation to one another was very evident. Mark, the older of the two boys, was most definitely the more mature of the two. Obviously, as he was still quite young, his level of knowledge about the world around him was quite limited. However, the six year old proved to be quite the serious young boy when a situation called for it, while Donghyuck had a hard time ever acting austere in any way, shape, or form.

The two young males shared some similarities, like their mutual love for chocolate bars, apple juice, and ham sandwiches, and their personalities were a bit alike in some minor ways, but for the most part, Donghyuck and Mark acted nothing like one another. The older boy was much more level-headed, and he had a subtle confidence about him. He was very serious when it came to his education, as both of his parents pushed him to be the very best he could be academically, though not in a way that it would cause Mark too much stress. His mother, as well as his father, knew that stressing a young child out like that wasn't good for anything, so instead of pressing too hard and causing adverse reactions, they simply encouraged their son to try his very best at whatever he was doing, and if he ever happened to need some extra help, he knew to go to his parents, or to his teacher.

For his age, Mark was very responsible. He also possessed many good leadership qualities, and he was known for being a kind, helping individual. Donghyuck, however, was more along the lines of someone that the older boy would have been helping to understand the meaning of various vocabulary words. The brown haired boy didn't like to be too serious about anything, and he much preferred to laugh and joke around in order to lighten the mood of wherever he happened to be. In simple terms, Donghyuck was more along the lines of the class clown. He found a way to make a joke out of everything, and even if it wasn't all that funny, the way in which he laughed at his own jokes led those around him to perceive his words as being more amusing than they truly were. Donghyuck was a bit loud, and he could be rather obnoxious at times, but in the end you had to love him dearly because of how charming and personable the young child was.

He was the dictionary definition of a social butterfly, and he had no shortage of friends. He had a big heart, and he was extremely perceptive, especially considering he was only five years of age. Quite frankly, Donghyuck and Mark were polar opposites. The younger boy was just like the sun, -a bright, warm ball of energy that livened up any time or place. The older boy, however, was more in touch with the moon. He was confident, but also very humble, and his light was best known to shine in the times in which it was truly needed to break through the darkness. In their case, however, opposites truly did attract.

They met on the playground, such an innocent place, perfectly fitted for such a pure, youthful interaction. At the time, Donghyuck was a kindergarten student, whilst Mark was one year ahead of him in first grade. It was springtime, -Mark's most favorite time of year-, and the raven haired boy was swinging on one of the only two swings that were constructed on the school's small playground. They lived in a rather tiny neighborhood, and the place in which they got their education wasn't the most well off in terms of finances. That was exactly why the students sold various items, like kitchen wear, scented candles, and assorted types of sweets throughout each school year in the form of fundraisers.