+ NORENMIN ▎CARNATIONS.

(𝐑𝐄𝐃) 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒:
― 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗.
― 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗.
―𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎.
― 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙,   𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌   𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗.
― 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗.

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

CARNATION WAVES.
norenmin // word count: 6,122

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Na Jaemin, Lee Jeno, and Huang Renjun were three individuals that seemed to have very little in common. They attended the same high school, however, their roles in the social hierarchy differed greatly from one another's. Perhaps they could have been great friends, attached at their hips and leaning on one another for support and comfort as they made their way through the strangling, complicated days of adolescence. However, the three of them had never done anything more so than glancing in one another's general direction. Unsurprisingly, they'd never interacted, and they'd never been anything more than schoolmates.

Renjun was the oldest of the three, coming from China to South Korea during his freshman year because his father had been offered a higher paying job abroad, and because his mother's daily medicines to combat her slew of various illnesses were quite expensive and took an awfully large toll on their finances, the man was quick to take the job. So, Renjun and his parents packed up their belongings, and they left their home in search of a more stable life in another country altogether, which took quite the toll on their only son. At the initial time of their move, Renjun didn't speak a lick of Korean, (although he did learn quite quickly, and was actually very good at it now that he'd been surrounded by it for just shy of four years).

The rocky start had been expected, and it was severely difficult for Renjun to make friends during his first year of high school due to his constant struggle with the language barrier. But, he pushed through it, always keeping his mother in mind when he was going through a rough patch. She was his main source of inspiration and encouragement, and because of her, Renjun persevered through all of the hardships that life threw his way, and he gradually began to improve his Korean, which led to the development of acquaintances that soon became true friends. Of course, even as senior student, he was known to get tongue tied at some points, but that slight imperfection didn't take away from his overall character in the slightest.

By no means was he the most popular student in school, but he'd truly come a long way since that first year, and he was proud of himself for that. He'd managed to weasel his way into a friend group, one that was connected together by their mutual love for the arts, and Renjun eventually found himself quite a few new hobbies that helped him greatly inside of school as well as out. Now eighteen years of age, his mother's health was beginning to improve, which was a blessing to him in every sense of the word. Her struggle motivated her son to work harder each day, and it reminded him of the simple fact that life is incredibly short, so he never allowed himself to take any given day for granted.

Most people would describe Renjun as being particularly upbeat, but not so much in an overbearing sort of way. He was artistic, finding joy in leisurely hobbies like drawing and painting, and he was always the type of friend that had a mildly sarcastic quip to interject into any conversation, which was a trait that was either loved or hated by those around him. His kind, albeit slightly abrasive, personality was offset ever so slightly by his boyish looks. His smile was very bright, and it always reflected off of his brown irises that were only a few shades lighter than his caramel strands of hair. All in all, those close to him knew him as a sweet, brutally honest, and youthful looking boy that wasn't always the easiest to get along with or to understand, while also being the type of individual that just about anyone would want to be able to turn to in a time of need.