«Fifty»

Melissa

Chris was clearly nervous, he was fidgeting with his wine glass. "Your doing it.. aren't you?" He asks.

"I'm sorry" I replied.

"Why today? Why couldn't you have done it before I came back?" He asked.

"Like it would have changed you coming here, your still under contract with CW" I replied, "plus, wouldn't you rather I had it done in person?"

"I love you, Melissa" His eyes were watering.

"I..." I took a deep breath. "I've fallen out of love with you... I think I did months ago"

"When you and Stephen started working together?" He asks, snarlingly.

"Yes" I stated, "Because the moment he wrapped with me, he didn't run off to the models in LA"

"Don't do this" he shook his head lightly. "If he cheated on his wife, imagine what he would do to you"

"I'm not breaking up with you to get together with him" I took a deep breath, trying not to get angry. "I'm breaking up with you, because if I don't love you, what's the point of this relationship?"

"Your making a mistake, Mel" He gritted.

"If it is... so be it" I stood up, placing a twenty on the table to cover my half of the bill. "I'll see you at work, Chris"

I began walking out Grant was already sitting outside in the parking lot, Stephen in the back seat. I slowed down and stared for a moment. He spotted me and hopped out.

"Hi" he said.

"Hi" I replied.

"You can have the front seat, Nora and Jett are waiting for you" He smiled, opening the passenger door. Grants pups were wagging their tales and panting.

"Thanks" I sat down and was hounded with puppy kisses. "Hey, Jett, Nor"

"Figured you'd need the comfort" Grant smiled. "How'd it go?"

I took another deep breath as Stephen got in the back, "It was.. emotional, I guess" I nodded. "He kept wanting me to not break up with him"

"He didn't take it well?" Grant sighed.

"He took it okay. He didn't cry or lash out, loudly anyway" I fiddled with Nora's collar.

"That's good" he smiled. "To Caity's?"

"To Caity's"

~

The drive was short and quiet, Grant played the radio on low and I played with Jett and Nora. Stephen was clearly fidgeting in the back, but I ignored it.

"Here we are" Grant smiled as we arrived at Caity's apartment building. "I'll bring Jett and Nora up while you two talk"

"Wait, why are you bringing Jett and Nora up?" I asked. It was an all girls night.

"I have scenes to do at 5 am tomorrow and Caity offered to take them for the day" He said, "Plus, the girls are going crazy about me telling her I loved her"

He took the dogs and Stephen and I got out. We leaned on the car and stood in silence for a few minutes.

"I love you, Melissa" he said, silently but I heard it.

"I love you, Stephen" I said, "But.."

"It's to early on to try anything" He said, "I know"

"I just broke up with Chris, and your just starting your divorce from Cass" I said, "We both need time for ourselves before we jump into something, even if it feels real"

Silence again. I leaned onto his should and he pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I'll be here, if you want to start it, anytime, any place" He said, "if you don't ever want to start it, alright. The only thing I ask of you, is to not forget me"

I looked up at him, "I could never forget you, Stephen" I whispered.

With that, we departed. He got back into Grants car and I made my way to Caity's apartment. The only thing really running through my head, is his words...

_______

Not the end of the book, not by a long shot.

Fun fact: this is technically the 52nd chapter of this book 😂