«Fifty-five»

Melissa

I was frozen, I didn't know what to do, if I should leave or say something. I honestly had no clue what to do.

"The results from the amnio came back?" Stephen asked, crossing his arms. "Why didn't my lawyer call"

"No, the results didn't come back" Cass mirrored his movements. "We both know it's yours, Stephen"

"I don't know anything, Cass" He stood straight, "All I know is you got paranoid, found a boy toy, cheated, ended up pregnant by one of us, and insulted my co-worker"

"She's The home-wrecker!" Cass pointed to me. Oh, I can already hear the new hatred for Cass brewing in the girls.

"No, she's the reason I opened my eyes to reality" He defended me. "Just face it Cass, we were never compatible, we should've never gotten married, it was never gonna work the way we wanted"

"It can, we just have to try" she started begging.

"Next time you want to talk, schedule it with the lawyers" Stephen said as calmly as possible. "Goodbye, Cass"

He closed the door and sighed. "Are you okay?" I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm fine, Mel" He smiled at me, "I'm sorry you had to witness all that"

"Hey, divorces are a little messy, I know" I sighed. "Want to just sit and talk?"

"You aren't going to leave? I mean, that was all crazy" He asks.

"No, at this point, I can handle crazy" I smirked, "I mean.. have you met Katie C?"

He chuckled and sat on the couch, being me next to him. "How about, we just sit here.. in silence until we figure out what to do next?"

"I'd like that"