chapter 5

*Cassandra*

Sitting under my favorite tree that was just above the cave. It grew near the cliff as some roots hung down.

The wind was blowing through my hair making it whip crazily in my face. Forcing my hair into a messy ponytail I watched the waves crash into the rocks.

Smiling at the memory of my mom teaching me how to swim. I hated the water even though I'm a good swimmer. I would sometimes throw sand at her which would make us have a sand war.

After getting all sandy we have too go swimming to wash off. I felt a stray tear slide down my cheek. Whipping it off roughly as if it was poison.

Never cry, it only shows weakness. My mother used to tell me even though I would catch her crying at night. It was always because she missed George.

I liked my father but knowing something had control over him just sent chills through my body. Now it went into my mother.

I want to help her but I'm not sure how. The wind blew harder in my face and it carried a scent with it. Vampire scents.

Below me I herd screams and I jumped off the tree. Jumping down from the cliff to the bottom where the sand is. I saw humans being pulled out of the cave.

Vampires stood outside to catch them and keep them in a small circle. I pulled out my moms sword and used my vamp speed.

Going to the first Vamp I sliced her in half. The second one beside her took a moments hesitation before it was too late.

Getting him through his stomach I went diagonal to get his heart. The other's from inside the cave came out and eyed me cautiously. "Put that thing down before you hurt yourself."

I laughed and gestured toward his kind lying dead on the ground. "I think you need to be the careful one." He held his hands up as if surrender. "Say ain't you a little young to be wielding that big sword?"

I pointed it at his throat with one hand. "My mother taught me well." Keeping my hard glare on him he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Where's your mother? I'm sure you couldn't have kidnapped all these blood bags by yourself."

"She's out. And their called humans not blood bags." He eyed me as if trying to figure something out. "You need to start learning to think of our kind first."

He snapped his fingers and two men were at my sides in seconds. One took my sword while the other pinned my arms behind me.

The leader took the sword and studied it. "Ah I know this sword anywhere. Your mother must be Gwen." I didn't say anything as he kneeled down in front of me.

"She's such a careless mother. Leaving her daughter here all alone."

"She's not well, something is inside her taking over her." His eyes widened a bit and I could of swore I say fear.

"Enough talking am I free?" Looking up I spotted a human walking up to the vamp I was talking too. "Yes go see the one of the vamps they'll change you."

I can't believe a human turned on all of us just to be a vampire. "She comes with me." Looking down at the ground we started walking to town.

Thinking about my mother and how brave she is I held my head up high. I wasn't going to give these vampires the pleasure of seeing me sad.

We arrived at a house that looked like a mansion. The head vampire typed in a code next to the high brick fence. The gate slid open and we walked inside.

I spotted some humans taking care of his lawn. They looked up at us then headed back to work. Once inside the humans were taken to the rooms on the left while the head vampire took me up stairs.

"You know a lot of vampires are going to call it war with your mother." I didn't say anything as he opened a room.

"This is going to be your room for a while." Walking in I slammed the door in his face. I headed for the window and peered outside.

All I could see were trees that went on and on. Nothing was interesting here. I unlocked the window and opened it. An alarm went off and I hurried out the window onto the roof.

Looking down I saw three K-9s. "Get your ass back here!" A vampire yelled but I just stood on the edge getting ready to jump.

My feet were a few inches off the roof when I was pulled back. The vampire tossed me back inside where my head hit the dresser.

I laid there covering my head in pain. The vampire locked the window and got on top of me. "You do have your mothers looks and body."

I punched him in the jaw and he sat up. He punched me making my vision go black. Closing my eyes I herd the sound of a zipper being undone before I fell unconscious.