chapter 8

*Gwen*

"300" I whispered the last step and looked around for a cage. "Gwen I found her." The little I've come to know as Shane said. He pointed up and I looked to see my daughter sleeping in a medium sized wooden bird cage.

On the tree was a rope tied to the second highest branch. Climbing up the tree I untied it slowly. "Shane get inside and protect my daughter." He nodded his head and climbed inside carefully.

I raised it back up and tied it tightly back. Howls were heard in the distance and I quickly got down. "Stay as quiet as possible, I'll be back when I can."

I hurried off and shifted into my wolf. I jogged around to let them catch up. An arrow whooshed past my face. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked around.

A woman was crouched on a branch in some weird clothes. She placed another arrow on her bow and I saw her ears. She was a forest elf.

I dodged her arrow and ran. Beside me vampires were running beside me and one ran into my side. I fell down and hit the ground hard.

I quickly stood and looked around. A vampire clawed my hind leg making me pissed. They were coming at me with their speed. My eyes could barely keep up with them.

A vampire rushed at me from the left side and I clamped my jaws on her thigh. She hissed at me and clawed my snout. I didn't let go as I swung her into one of her friends.

They tumbled to the ground and the wolves finally showed up. We have some help on the way. It told me making me confused.

From who? Biting down on a wolfs throat I killed him quickly. Your brother. Dodging a blow I clawed a wolf on his cheek.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Lets just say I'm giving you a gift. A wolf caught me off guard and brought me down. I growled and shoved him off.

Standing, my brother dashed out of the woods and killed the one I was fighting with ease.

He stared at me with those solid black eyes before he went after the others. Since you helped you can take control only to kill them.

It didn't say anything as it went in control leaving me blocked out.

************

Hours pasted by and I was back in control. Everyone but my brother and I were dead. I shifted and took a mans shirt and wore it.

It went to my mid thigh and I smiled at my brother before I hurried back to my kids.

It was dark but I could still see from my night vision. Looking up I spotted my kids sleeping.

Smiling I looked around to see no one watching. I reached for the rope as a gun shot echoed in the quiet night.

I became frozen to the spot as I felt pain in my back. Slowly turning around I saw the Alpha smiling with a twelve gage pointed at me.

"Using a gun is cheating to me but since it's hard to kill you I don't see any other way."

I growled and he pulled the trigger. The bullet pierced through my stomach. I clenched my teeth and started to walk towards him.

He shot again on my shoulder but I kept walking towards him. He shot three more times getting me in my chest and thighs.

I stopped and took deep breaths. He was using silver bullets. "Do you feel the bullets taking away your strength? It releases wolf bane into the system."

My hands tightened into fists and I took a step forward only to feel pain erupt through me. Falling to my knees in defeat I looked up at the Alpha.

He shot me five more times and I collapsed to the ground. I couldn't move as I felt myself slip.

The Alpha left laughing and I knew I couldn't make it through this. "Gwen!" I herd a man yell and he was familiar.

Looking where I herd the voice my breath got caught in my throat. I thought he was dead but apparently he wasn't and I was thankful.