chapter 6

*Cassandra*

Waking up slowly I quickly sat up. I was in the bed with the sheets over me. Running my fingers through my hair I herd someone walking in.

Looking at the door I spotted a boy around my age bringing me a bottle. He was human and I crawled over to him. "Here's your blood" he said even though he wanted to throw it at me.

He wouldn't look up at me so I took the drink and headed for the window. "Are you trying to escape?" He asked as I opened the window and I threw the bottle of blood at the brick wall.

Closing the window I jumped back up on the bed. "No I was but even if I did I would have no idea where my mother is."

"Didn't you want your blood? I mean you get one only once a week."

"That was human blood." He eyed me curiously, "soooo?" Rolling my eyes I laid down. "I only drink animal blood."

He became quiet and I felt him becoming calmer. "Do you know how I got in bed?" I asked as I looked over at him. "Yeah I kinda came in seeing a vampire about to rap you so I knocked him out with a bottle of blood."

I quickly got up and hugged him. "Thank you" I whispered to him and he chuckled. "No problem" he leaned on the bed with his arms crossed over his chest trying to seem cool.

"You know when I get out if this place I'm taking you with me." His eyes widened a bit, "really?" He sounded excited making me smile.

"Yeah, have you herd about the humans have been escaping." He nodded his head, "yeah that's me and my mom. We were doing so well till a human from the group decided to turn us all in just to be a vampire."

He frowned and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Where's your mom now?" I looked away from him," something evil took over her. She came to tell me she'll come back when she learned how to control it."

He grinned slightly as the door opened revealing the vamp leader from yesterday. "What are you still doing in here human boy? Go, there's other's who need to feed."

Frowning I grabbed his sleeve and pulled him close. "Sneak back inside tonight." I whispered before I let him go and watched him leave.

"Have you fed yet? I can still smell the blood like its been dumped everywhere." Smiling I climbed on my bed, "yeah I uh drink animal blood."

He stared at me for a minute then shut the door. "Well that's just going to have to change." I crossed my arms over my chest, "can I leave? I didn't ask to stay here."

"Your going to be here for a while so get used to it." I gave him a look then looked away. "I came in here to tell you that I have formed an alliance with the Elves of the forest and the Werewolves surprisingly. We are going to hunt down your mother in four days."

I hid my hands under the sheets as I clenched my fists without him knowing. "Why are you telling me all of this?" He put his hands behind his back while he just grinned.

"So you know your mother is going to die soon. Real soon."

*Gwen*

Sitting in a booth at a diner with so many eyes on me was driving me crazy. When I first stepped inside everyone stopped and stared at me. Even the waitress I had was kind of cautious asking me what I'd like.

It was unbelievable but at least I can eat finally. When can we kill something or someone? It asked but I just ignored it.

Don't ignore me I'll take away all of your precious memories. I let out a short laugh and I got a few stares. You've been saying that all day and you have not done it yet. You know what I think? I think you can't stay in me if you take away too many memories. You feed off of them that's how you grow stronger but guess what. Take as many as you want because you'll grow weaker.