chapter 2

*Gwen*

George drove to the country side with yellow grass going up to our knees. A single willow tree stood tall with green leaves.

Leaning against the tree he looked at me with so much love. "Please tell me your staying. I don't think my heart can take it if you leave me again."

Looking down at my feet hidden within the tall grass. "Gwen, look at me and tell me your not leaving. " His voice was a whisper sounding like he could cry any minute.

Locking my eyes with his my voice seemed lost in my throat. "I...George.. I'll be gone for a few more days tops. Its just I'm doing something big right now and I wont get a break."

He backed away from me when I tried to set my hand on his arm. "What is so important that you can't even come home?"

"Its not safe to say out loud, just please wait for me." Tears were already at the edge of my eyes ready to fall. "No" he whispered as he took a few steps towards his car.

"I've waited nearly ten years for you to come back. I even searched for you. You don't know how much pain I've been in the past few years of you gone. Now that I'm better you show up then turn around saying your leaving?"

I let the tears fall as he turned and walked away. "You know what I'm done waiting. If you don't come back home tonight I'm going to forget about you!"

Opening his car door he slipped inside and sped off. I fell to my knees in pain that he was being this way. I knew why and I didn't blame him.

Calming myself down I shifted and ran all the way to the hide out without stopping.

*************

When I arrived it was dusk and I brought my daughter somewhere quiet so I could speak with her. "What is it mom? Do you need my help, I'll grab my knife."

Smiling I placed my hand on her shoulder. "No rescuing right now darling. Were visiting someone that's very important to you." She raised her eyebrow at me confused.

"Who?" She asked curiously. I told her about her father a few times but not much. I kept telling her bringing him up would be too much of a touchy subject.

She understood which I was relieved. "Your father. I bumped into him today at the store. We talked and well I didn't tell him about you. So when we go to the house he'll be shocked at first."

"Why didn't you mention me? Are you embarrassed?" My eyes went big at what she said. "What no never will I ever be. It's just we kind of got in an argument."

She hugged me tightly even though she only reached up to my hips. Smiling I bent down and hugged her tightly as I ran my hand over her soft hair.

Getting up I grabbed my sword and slipped it on. Cassandra ran off to grab her knife and I hurried to the main area. Whistling to get everyone's attention I looked around the room.

"Me and my daughter are leaving tonight. We will be back in two days. I will come every night to see how you guys are holding up."

"Where are y'all going?" Smiling softly, "I'm going to introduce her to her father." People clapped and cheered making me smile big.

My daughter ran up to me and we slipped out of the cave and into the night

*******

It was probably around midnight by the time we reached the house. Memories quickly filled my mind but I pushed them aside.

Knocking loudly George quickly answered with blood shot eyes. "You came" he whispered. He brought me into a hug nearly crushing me. Once he set me down he kissed me all over.

When he let me go my daughter tapped my leg. "George this is Cassandra." He looked down at her and grinned. "She's your daughter."